Transcripts are the official document of the student's academic work at a college or university. The San Diego Community College District only accepts credits from US Colleges and Universities that have Regional Accreditation. For more information on accreditation and to search for a college's or universities' accreditation, visit the US Department of Education.

To identify if your official transcripts are required, meet with a counselor, support services department, or special admission program coordinator.

If you need to clear a prerequisite for a course, view the options to clear prerequisties.

Don't wait to submit your transcripts. Transcript evaluations can take 90-120 business days to process. 

Submission & Processing of Transcripts from another Institution

Official transcripts from outside institutions are not required to attend Mesa College, however they are required if your goal is to receive a degree and / or certain student support services.

    • If required, students are responsible for submitting official transcripts from previously attended colleges/universities to SDCCD.
    • Transcripts from foreign institutions are not required.
    • Official Transcripts are only accepted within one year of issuance.

  • Students receiving financial aid or veterans benefits must have transcripts on file to receive benefits.
  • Transcripts are required even if prior credits do not appear relevant or if units were taken years ago.
  • Certain Mesa programs require that transcripts are on file prior to admission.
  • Official transcripts from other institutions become the property of the college.
  • Guam and Puerto Rico are US territories, and transcripts from institutions in these territories are not considered "foreign" and should be submitted.
  • If the student is applying for a Certificate of Achievement only, and all courses were completed in SDCCD official transcripts from all other institutions do not have to be on file. If courses from another institution are being used, then the official transcripts for those institutions must be on file and the evaluation must be requested for those institutions only.



    • Send Electronically:
      • Electronic Transcripts are preferred
      • SDCCD is partnered with Parchment and the National Student Clearinghouse
      • Institutions not partnered with Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse can submit official electronic transcripts to the following email address:
    • Send by Mail:

      Institutions not offering electronic transcripts can mail them to the following address:

      San Diego Community College District
      Attn: Transcript Department
      3375 Camino Del Rio South, Room 100
      San Diego, CA 92108
    • In Person:

      Hard-copy, sealed, official transcripts issued within one year can be submitted in person to the SD Mesa Veterans/Records office (I4-102). Opened transcripts will not be considered official.


    Transcripts are not automatically evaluated for a student's educational goal. To have transcripts evaluated, please submit a request for transcript evaluation located on the SDCCD Forms and Documents website.

    Transcript evaluations take 90-120 business days to process
    • Applicable test scores and transcripts from all previously attended colleges / universities must be on file prior to submitting the request for transcript evaluation.
    • Upon arrival, transcripts may take 2-4 weeks to be marked "received" in our system. To confirm that your transcripts have been received, please submit a General Student Helpdesk ticket here or email with your name, user ID#, and the name of the institution(s).
    • Submit your Request for Transcript Evaluation online, today. *Transcripts must be marked received prior to submitting a request. 
    • Students will receive an email from their district evaluator upon completion of the transcript evaluation. Students should meet with a Counselor to review their evaluated transcripts and create an education plan.

Ordering Transcripts from SDCCD

If you need to show proof of your academic progress, you can request that a copy of your official or unofficial transcript be sent to yourself or another institution. Transcripts are sent from the San Diego Community College District and will report all courses taken at Mesa, City, and Miramar.

Order Unofficial Transcripts

Students may access their free unofficial transcripts through their mySDCCD portal.

Students without access to their mySDCCD portal can request free unofficial transcripts.

Order Official SDCCD Transcripts

Students can request official SDCCD transcripts via their mySDCCD portal or directly through Parchment here.

  • Hard Copy transcripts will be mailed within 1-2 business days.
  • If the receiving institution accepts electronic transcripts, the transcript will be sent electronically the same day; however, it may take 1-2 weeks for the receiving institution to mark the transcripts as received.

For additional information regarding transcripts please visit the SDCCD Transcript website.

Foreign Transcripts

Submitting Foreign Transcripts:

  • Transcripts from foreign institutions are not required; however, they may be used to meet degree/certificate requirements. It is the choice of the student to request to have this coursework evaluated. It is recommended to speak with a counselor to discuss options.
  • If a student would like to submit their foreign transcripts, they must first have them evaluated by a Transcript Evaluation Service. For a list of approved services please visit:
  • Students must request a comprehensive evaluation including both lower and upper division coursework of the foreign transcript. Other types of evaluations will not be accepted.
  • After the comprehensive evaluation is complete, students must submit it to the District transcript office and request a transcript evaluation from the SDCCD Forms & Documents website. Note: All transcripts must be on file prior to submitting a request for a transcript evaluation.
  • Submission of transcripts is permanent and cannot be revoked.

Removing Transcript Credit from a Foreign Institution:

  • By removing credit from foreign institutions, students forfeit the right to use all credit (units), grades and grade points from the institutions for all certificate and degree programs and/or general education certification from the San Diego Community College District.
  • Coursework cannot be removed if it has been used in an education plan.
  • The removal of credit does not necessarily apply for financial aid purposes.
  • The removal is permanent and cannot be revoked.
  • To remove credits students should complete the Request to Remove Transcript Credit from a Foreign Institution form in the Evaluations Office.

Language Other Than English (LOTE) with Foreign Transcripts:

To satisfy the UC IGETC certification foreign language requirement with foreign transcripts, please visit the SDCCD Forms & Documents website and submit a "Language Other Than English" (LOTE) request. When submitting documentation, please provide the original document in the original language as well as the english translation. The English translation must be completed by a third party or an education professional.
View more information on requesting a general education certification (IGETC Certification)