Get help with making, editing and hosting your instructional videos at our Video Resource Page
Shells will be automatically created based on the CRNs in the schedule. That means all courses will get a Canvas shell.
If you want a development shell (a shell not associated with a CRN) then you can call the 24/7 Canvas Faculty Support to request: 1-844-612-7422
The Mesa Canvas Learning Center (MCLC) is our hub for Canvas training at Mesa. This training option is open to all Mesa employees. It is an open/public site. To participate in discussions you'll need to be enrolled.
The MCLC includes handouts, videos, and discussions where you can post questions and get answers from colleagues. It is different from District's Canvas Transition Course. The MCLC focuses on how-to in Canvas and allows you to select only the topics that you need.
You'll find an orange button on the home page of the Mesa Canvas Learning Center with the form for enrolling.
SDCCD Online Learning Pathways offers the following training. To contact SDCCD Online Learning Pathways with questions about their training options, please visit their staff page or use their support email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAQs: Transitioning from Blackboard to Canvas (.docx)
- Downloading Blackboard Content (.pdf)
- Online Faculty Certification Program (OFCP) - The District certification program includes Canvas training, online pedagogy, and DE guidelines. Their sign-up form for the course is available online.
The Online Network of Educators (@ONE) provides professional development opportunities across the California Community College system.
These resources were created and are maintained by Instructure Canvas Community.
- Change Canvas Password (video)
- Navigate/Reorder/Hide Items on Course Menu (video)
- Use the Rich Content Editor (video)
- Using Canvas as a File Repository
- How do I upload my syllabus to Canvas
- How do I create a Q&A discussion forum
- How do I use Canvas for grades?
- How do I give my students extra time on a Canvas quiz?
- My students submit assignments in class. Can I use Canvas for grades?