To request a Canvas shell to begin developing your course please submit SDCCD Online Learning Pathways' Canvas Development Shell request form.
The Mesa Canvas Learning Center: (Mesa Flex #99860)
An online Canvas shell to learn Canvas together. This training option is open to all faculty - online, web-enhanced, or just curious. Faculty can use the fully-online modules, or they can attend workshops/webinars.
Please request a Canvas account/shell from District so that we can enroll you into the Mesa Canvas Learning Center.
Then request to be added to the Mesa Canvas Learning Center, either by filling out this form or registering for Flex #99860.
SDCCD Online Learning Pathways is offering the following training opportunities. To contact SDCCD Online Learning Pathways with questions about their training options, please visit their staff page or use their support email: email@example.com
- Online Faculty Certification Program (OFCP) (Mesa Flex #99320) - The District certification program includes Canvas training, online pedagogy, and DE guidelines. Their sign-up form for the course is available online.
- Canvas Transition Course (District Flex #99175)- For already-certified faculty who need training in Canvas, District offers the Canvas Transition Course. It's a fully-online self-paced course with a refresher on online course design, interaction, and assessment. Please contact Trenton Tidwell (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Chris Rodgers (email@example.com) from District to enroll.
- Canvas Institute: (Mesa Flex #99876) Every Friday from 10am - 11:30am SDCCD Online Learning Pathways will be hosting hands-on workshops to assist faculty with transitioning course materials from Blackboard to Canvas. See the SDCCD Canvas Institute Flyer for more info on these.
- Mesa Canvas Learning Center: (Mesa Flex #99860) - For all Mesa faculty. See Mesa Training Opportunities above.
The Online Network of Educators (@ONE) provides professional development opportunites across the California Community College system. With all the CCCs now on Canvas, they coordinate training courses and events that are relevant for Mesa faculty using Canvas.
Save the Date: February 28, 2019 Digital Learning Day
Mesa Flex #TBD
- Canvas VIdeo Guides
- All the Canvas Guides (text)
- Canvas Instructor Guide
- Canvas Student Guide
- Join a Canvas Community!
- Navigate Global Navigation Menu & Dashboard (video)
- Edit Canvas Profile (video)
- Set Canvas Notifications (video)
- Change Canvas Password (video)
- Navigate/Reorder/Hide Items on Course Menu (video)
- Use the Rich Content Editor (video)