To request a Canvas shell to begin developing your course please submit SDCCD Online Learning Pathways' Canvas Development Shell request form.
The Mesa Canvas Learning Center (MCLC): (Mesa Flex #99860)
The MCLC is our hub for Canvas training at Mesa. This training option is open to all Mesa employees. Faculty can attend the training online at their convenience, or they can attend workshops/webinars.
Please request a Canvas account/shell from District so that we can enroll you into the Mesa Canvas Learning Center.
Once you have your Canvas account from District then email LOFT instructional designer (email@example.com) to be enrolled into the Mesa Canvas Learning Center.
SDCCD Online Learning Pathways is offering the following training opportunities. To contact SDCCD Online Learning Pathways with questions about their training options, please visit their staff page or use their support email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAQs: Transitioning from Blackboard to Canvas (.docx)
- Online Faculty Certification Program (OFCP) (Mesa Flex #99320) - The District certification program includes Canvas training, online pedagogy, and DE guidelines. Their sign-up form for the course is available online.
- Canvas Transition Course (District Flex #99175)- For already-certified faculty who need training in Canvas, District offers the Canvas Transition Course. It's a fully-online self-paced course with a refresher on online course design, interaction, and assessment. Please contact Trenton Tidwell (email@example.com) or Chris Rodgers (firstname.lastname@example.org) from District to enroll.
- District Workshops: For District Flex workshops be sure to search the Faculty Flex calendar for Campus: District
- Mesa Canvas Learning Center: (Mesa Flex #99860) - For all Mesa faculty. See Mesa Training Opportunities above.
The Online Network of Educators (@ONE) provides professional development opportunites across the California Community College system. With all the CCCs now on Canvas, they coordinate training courses and events that are relevant for Mesa faculty using Canvas.
- Canvas VIdeo Guides
- All the Canvas Guides (text)
- Canvas Instructor Guide
- Canvas Student Guide
- Join a Canvas Community!
- Navigate Global Navigation Menu & Dashboard (video)
- Edit Canvas Profile (video)
- Set Canvas Notifications (video)
- Change Canvas Password (video)
- Navigate/Reorder/Hide Items on Course Menu (video)
- Use the Rich Content Editor (video)