Coronavirus (COVID-19) UpdatesLatest update: February 26th, 2021
Mesa College Coronavirus Updates
San Diego Mesa College is committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of our community, especially during the public health situation related to a novel strain of coronavirus (COVID-19). If students, faculty or staff suspect that they are ill, notify your professor or supervisor.
Mesa College Campus Updates
- Mesa has a limited supply of laptops that we are checking out to students in need.
Click here to request information about availability.
- International Students: SDCCD Update regarding the reversal of guidelines to the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) - View Details
- Wi-Fi Access is available in Parking Lot #1
- Please visit the Online Student Support Services webpage for information on services being offered online.
- Please visit the Tutoring webpage for online tutoring options and support.
Library Materials: Drive In - Drop Off
Students who checked out laptops during the spring and need to continue using them during summer can email email@example.com and the due date will be extended. Please include your CSID# when making this request.
Any other questions concerning laptop checkouts or library materials, please contact Mike McLaren at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 619-3882696.
Wi-Fi Lot Available at Mesa College
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Mesa College is committed to assisting students. In an effort to provide students
with reliable, high-speed internet access — and in keeping with social-distancing
directives issued by county, state, and national officials — Mesa College will be
providing a “Wi-Fi Parking Lot” where any enrolled student can access the internet.
Parking Lot #1 Guidelines:
- Wi-Fi available in Parking Lot #1 starting Thursday, April 30th
- Parking permit, student ID, or class schedule required (print out screen shot)
- For best reception use parking spaces near buildings
- Park in marked staff or student spaces
- Park in every other space (Empty space BETWEEN vehicles)
- Only owners of a valid disabled placard may use disabled parking spaces
- Only members of the same household in each vehicle
- Occupants must remain in vehicles
- Restrooms and other on-campus services not available
- College police will continually monitor the parking lot
- Student code of conduct and all other parking guidelines are in effect
Need access to the Wi-Fi network? Wi-Fi Access
- Eligibility - Students must be enrolled in at least one unit for the Summer 2021 semester. Eligible students have been sent an invitation to apply. Learn More
- Application Process - Students will need to go to the Apple App Store or Google Play and download the Edquity App or apply online at http://app.edquity.co/
- Deadline to Apply - July 6, 2021 @ 11:59pm.
- Award Amount - $750.00
March 16, 2021
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 Update #20
February 26, 2021
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 Update #19
February 24, 2021
Spring 2021: Invitation to Apply for SDCCD Student Relief Grant Fund
February 10, 2021
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 Update #18
January 21, 2021
December 8th, 2020
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 Update #17
November 4th, 2020
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 Update #16
October 12th, 2020
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 Update #15
September 23rd, 2020
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 Update #14
September 17th, 2020
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 Update #13
August 26th, 2020
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 Update #12
August 17th, 2020
San Diego Mesa College Reopening Plan
August 4th, 2020
Important Information Regarding International Travel
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 Update #11
July 2nd, 2020
Spring Semester Academic Standing Update
June 29th, 2020
CAREs Act Emergency Financial Assistance Email
June 22nd, 2020
Financial Assistance Grant Email
June 19th, 2020
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 Update #10
May 31st, 2020
Special Message from SDCCD Chancellor's Cabinet
May 22nd, 2020
CCC COVID-19 Special Update
May 12th, 2020
SDCCD Email to Students Regarding the CARES Act
May 5th, 2020
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UPDATE #9
April 30th, 2020
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UPDATE #8
April 27th, 2020
SDCCD Email to Students Regarding Important Dates and Deadlines
April 23rd, 2020
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UPDATE #7
April 6th, 2020
Letter to Students Regarding Grades and Refunds
April 1st, 2020
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UPDATE #6
March 27th, 2020
Prez Pam's Mesa College Update on COVID-19
March 26th, 2020
Letter to students regarding COVID-19 with updates and resources
March 25th, 2020
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UPDATE #5
March 23rd, 2020
Message from the Mesa College Associated Students
March 22nd, 2020
Special Message from President Luster
March 17th, 2020
SDCCD Human Resources Frequently Asked Questions for COVID-19
March 17th, 2020
President Lusters Message – COVID campus closure update
March 17th, 2020
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UPDATE #4
March 15th, 2020
Mesa Academic Senate President Velez Letter
March 13th, 2020
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UPDATE #3
March 13th, 2020
SDCCD Email to Students Regarding COVID-19
March 10th, 2020
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UPDATE #2
March 10th, 2020
SDCCD Email to Students Regarding COVID-19
March 4th, 2020
Chancellor's Message: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UPDATE #1
This is a partial list of community resources available. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 9-1-1.
Attention: Spring 2021 Students
We are currently closed for in-office support due to COVID-19 stay home orders. However, we are working virtually to meet your needs. Please explore our webpage and contact us for more information. To sign up and stay updated on upcoming and current events, please click here.
Please Note: At this time we are unable to recieve in kind donations due to COVID-19. You can still make financial donations.
San Diego Mesa College Vaccination Site
July 7th vaccinations are cancelled.
The County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency has announced that education workers living and working in San Diego County, including all employees in the San Diego Community College District, will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine beginning Saturday, February 27th.
VEBA COVID-19 Vaccine General information updated daily:
San Diego County COVID-19 Vaccine site:
Free COVID-19 Testing
County Testing Sites
Tests are free but you need to make an appointment by calling 2-1-1.
View Testing Locations and Hours
State Testing Sites
The state has opened sites in Chula Vista, El Cajon, Escondido and Southeastern San Diego to test for active COVID-19 infection.
Find a Testing Site Near You
California State officials launched an interactive map to help Californians find COVID-19 community testing sites near them.
Mesa College Student Resource List (updated frequently)
- Google drive: tinyurl.com/MesaStudentResourcesCOVID19
California Community Colleges Resource List
List of Resources in San Diego
- 2-1-1 San Diego: 211.org/services/covid19
Mental Health Services
- County of San Diego Behavioral Health Services: https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/hhsa/programs/bhs.html
- San Diego Access & Crisis Line (ACL): (888) 724-7240 (an experienced counselor will provide you with a referral to meet your needs and help determine eligibility).
- La Maestra Community Health Centers (LMCHC): www.lamaestra.org
- SDUSD Referral: Child Mind Institute, Talking to Kids About Coronavirus: https://childmind.org/article/talking-to-kids-about-the-coronavirus
- 2-1-1 San Diego: https://my211.force.com/s/service-directory?code=BD
- CalFresh Assistance STUDENTS ONLY: Please contact our partners at Feeding San Diego (858) 863-6635, they can help with the process. https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/hhsa/programs/ssp/food_stamps/how_to_apply.html
- CalFresh (all others): https://www.cdss.ca.gov/food-nutrition/calfresh
- Feeding San Diego: https://feedingsandiego.org/coronavirus
- San Diego Food Bank: https://sandiegofoodbank.org/response/
Food: Free Meals for Children (18 and younger)
- San Diego County Office of Education List: School locations where anyone age 2-18 can go to receive food during this period of school closures due to COVID-19. San Diego Unified School District schools are listed below for quick access. Please see the web link for additional School Districts. https://www.sdcoe.net/news/Pages/20-03-13-student-food-service-during-district-closures.aspx.
- San Diego Unified School District: The Food Service Department will conduct a drive-through or walk-up distribution.
Children will need to be present to receive meals, and each child 18 years and younger
can take one lunch and one breakfast for the next day. All food must be consumed off
site. Meal distribution times for all locations are from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- Clark Middle, 4388 Thorn St.
- Cherokee Point Elementary, 3735 38th St.
- Sherman Elementary, 301 22nd St.
- Zamorano Elementary, 2655 Casey St.
- Kearny High, 1954 Komet Way
- O'Farrell Charter, 6130 Skyline Drive
- Walker Elementary, 245 Hillery Drive
- Farb Middle, 880 La Cuenta Drive
- COX Internet Support Information: https://newsroom.cox.com/cox_internet_changes_to_assist_students_-_remote_workers
- Spectrum (Charter) Internet Free Access Information: To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. https://corporate.charter.com/newsroom/charter-to-offer-free-access-to-spectrum-broadband-and-wifi-for-60-days-for-new-K12-and-college-student-households-and-more
- San Diego Unified School District COVID19 Information: https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/home
- Scholastic News for Kids: https://sn3.scholastic.com/
- Khan Academy Daily Schedules for 2-18: https://www.khanacademy.org (Click Daily Schedules or Courses)
- PBSKids.org: https://pbskids.org
- Facebook Group: “Amazing Educational Resources” list of websites with educational activities (this list is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mesa College): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t3r618pd8MAi6V87dG2D66PtiKoHdHusBpjPKXgm36w/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0
- National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) Resources: https://nnedv.org/latest_update/resources-response-coronavirus-covid-19/
- State of California, Covid-19, Employee Resources: https://www.labor.ca.gov/coronavirus2019/
- Bartender Emergency Assistance Program: https://www.usbgfoundation.org/beap
Everyone is being asked to protect themselves and others from respiratory illness with everyday preventive actions.
- If anyone believes that they have been exposed to the virus, please contact your health provider immediately, or Mesa College Student Health Services at 619-388-2774.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Stay home when you are sick to keep from spreading respiratory illness to others
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.