- Application Periods
- Application Process
- Appeal Workshops
- CARES Act
- CARES Act Reporting
- Financial Assistance Grant
- Cost of Attendance
- Deadline Dates
- Experimental Site Initiative
- Employee Code of Conduct
- Online Resources
- Payment Disbursement Dates
- Programs Available
- Contact Us
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Terms of Agreement
- Return to Title IV Policy
- Work Study
- Verification Guidelines
- Virtual Counter
Our Fall 2021 Student emergency relief grant application process is now open!
Latest Update: 10/13/21
As authorized by the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act of 2021, San Diego Mesa College is offering students emergency relief grants for those experiencing financial need as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you are a Mesa College student and the COVID-19 pandemic has negatively impacted your personal financial situation, you can apply to receive a lump sum of up to $1000 from Mesa College for qualified COVID-19 economic hardships.
Students must apply for funds by Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 11:59 pm (PST). You are encouraged to select all categories where you need assistance, as funds can help with more than one category of need, if awarded.
You are eligible to receive funds if you meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in at least 1 unit of Fall 2021 courses.
- Have experienced financial hardship due to extenuating circumstances.
about the fund
- The maximum amount a Mesa College student can receive for Fall 2021 is $1000.
- Awards will be distributed until CARES Act funds are exhausted.
- This award is not a loan and does not have to be paid back.
- Funding from the CARES Act Grant will not impact a student’s financial aid package.
- Students may use their emergency financial aid grant for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus including, hardships related to food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and childcare.
Students must apply for funds by Tuesday, Octomber 19, 2021 at 11:59 pm (PST). To have the best opportunity to receive this funding, please apply soon.
- Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play and download the Edquity App or apply online
- Fill out the application.
- You are encouraged to select all categories where you need assistance, as funds can
help with more than one category of need, if awarded.
- Instructions to apply can be found here.
- Edquity will provide you with an application decision 24 hours after the program close
date on October 19th, 2021.
- If you have been approved for funding, you will be able to claim your funds through the Edquity app. Eduity will work with you to disburse funds through direct deposit or pre-paid debit card.
- For more information, please visit https://www.sdccd.edu/students/edquity/
- Have you submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2020-2021 or the California Dream Act Application for the 2020-2021 school
year? If no, you are encouraged to as you may qualify for additional funds.
- Please visit https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa to submit an application. The San Diego Mesa College school code is for the FAFSA is 001275.
- To apply for the Dream Act Application go to: dream.csac.ca.gov
- Additional resources and support services for undocumented students and international students are available through Borderless Scholars and International Student Program.
If you have any questions about submitting your application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and an Edquity Student Success Representative be in touch!
We know this is a challenging time for students and want to commend you for your continued resilience! We are here for you!