The goal of Mesa Pathways is to provide our diverse student population with clear direction, strong support, and well developed roadmaps to achieving their educational, career, and life goals --- from the moment of their decision to come to Mesa College until the time they reach their goals. Some will earn a certificate and /or degree, others will transfer, some come for professional development and career advancement while still others come for the love of learning.
Message from the President:
Please watch this short video detailing the history of our Mesa Pathways journey. It is a celebration of our work over the past five years as we strive to positively impact our students educational, career, and life goals.
Mesa Pathways helps students by:
To create, implement, and scale practices that enable us as an institution to:
- Clarify the Path — assist students in identifying goals.
- Enter the Path — help students embark on the steps toward their goals.
- Stay on the Path —provide ongoing supports to students to continue towards their goals, and/or changing course in informed ways.
- Ensure Learning —implement meaningful approaches and equitable practices to promote learning.
Mesa Pathways is equity-driven and student centered, so that we can best help all students along all stages of their educational journey.
Listen to Dr. Rob Johnstone share how equity is at the heart of our Mesa Pathways efforts.
Mesa Pathways includes:
- Policies and practices that are equity minded, student centered and data informed.
- Differentiated on-boarding processes that help students enter college easily.
- Career assessment tools and program maps that allow students to explore their academic and career goals.
- Maps of programs of study, detailing a suggested order of courses to take each semester to complete a degree or certificate.
- Scheduling practices that support student schedules enabling them to achieve their goals efficiently.
- Proactive academic and student support services provided throughout a student's educational journey.
- Professional development for all constituents on campus in order to ensure student learning.