Spring 2023 IRL Engineering Workshops
The capacity (24 students) has been met. The waitlis is closed. (3/2/23)
2021-2022 Eco Research Scholar (ERS) Program
10/6/21: How to Design a Research Project
How to return the laptop checked out from IRL?
Please click here and follow the instruction in the Library Resource Center (LRC) webpage.
Chat with Hilliary: What is graduate school like in STEM? Is research right for me?: 4/13/22: Click here to watch a workshop recording
Chat with Hillirary: Being a POC in STEM: 3/23/22: Click here to watch a workshop recording
IRL Engineering Workshops
Fall 2022 IRL Engineering Workshops: (Click here to view the photos)
Fall 2021 IRL Virtual Engineering Workshops (Click here to watch a replay of the workshops)
Spring 2021 IRL Virtual Engineering Workshops (Click here to watch a replay of the workshops)
Fall 2020 IRL Virtual Mechatronics Workshops (Click here to watch a replay of the workshops)
- I really enjoyed the workshops! I feel like I learned a lot and have a new appreciation for Engineering that I did not have before. I am very appreciative that it could continue after the semester went online. It was always a nice escape for a little while! (Spring 2020)
IRL outcome reports
- Spring 2023 Robotics & Programming Engineering Workshops Feedback Survey
- Fall 2022 Engineering Workshops Feedback Survey
- Spring 2022 Engineering Workshops Feedback Survey
- Spring 2021 Virtual Engineering Workshops Feedback Survey
- Fall 2020 Virtual Mechatronics/Engineering Workshops Feedback Survey
- Innovation Research Lab (IRL) Usage & Outcomes Report (FA18-SP19)
What's Available in IRL?
- Lenovo Laptops (touch screen) & HP Desktop computers (Programs: DR JAVA, Google Earth Pro, BlueJ, etc.)
- Free printing services (Black & White Printer & Color Printer)
- 3D Printers
- LCD TV Screen
- Charging Stations
The Innovation lab aims to empower our diverse student population to obtain their academic goals by providing educational access, support, inclusion, and lifelong learning opportunities at San Diego Mesa College. As a community college research center, we promote student success by linking faculty with student mentees to develop exciting research ideas, encourage scholarship, and nurture scientific identity. As faculty, we believe that research experience is extremely fundamental for academic achievement and we welcome all students regardless of age, gender, or social and cultural background.
Our vision is to be a leading community college with a comprehensive program structured around the understanding of scientific investigation by engaging students in research initiatives.
Strategic direction and Purpose
- Teach ethics and responsible conduct in research
- Engage in problem solving based learning
- Foster science identity and inclusion of all students
- Participate in scientific article readings and journal club
- Teach students the ability to analyze data and interpret results
- Train students to present their research at mini-symposia and professional societies
The goal of our center is to enhance and enrich student learning at Mesa College. Our program provides a creative and inclusive scientific environment where positive research experiences allow under-represented students to feel welcomed so that they become STEM majors at San Diego Mesa College.
Psychology, Biology, Genetics, Archaeology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Geographic Information Systems, Engineering