Articulation is the process whereby a course (or set of courses) offered at one institution is accepted as equivalent to or in lieu of a comparable course (or set of courses) at another institution. Students who intend to transfer are advised to consult with a counselor for information regarding requirements for specific majors and transfer institutions.

Articulation Agreements

Articulation Agreements are formal agreements between two institutions that guarantee reciprocal transfer of courses.

For articulation agreements with California Community Colleges and the University of California (UC) and California State University(CSU) systems, use

Mesa College has a number of articulation agreements with local private universities.

Transfer Guides

Many institutions have Transfer Guides and Course Equivalencies to aid students in transfer. These should be used as advising tools in conjunction with a counselor. They are NOT articulation agreements.

CA Independent Colleges and Universities 


The WESTERN UNDERGRADUATE EXCHANGE (WUE) is a program of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). Students who are residents of WICHE states are eligible to request a reduced tuition rate of 150% of resident tuition at participating two- and four-year college programs outside of their home state.

The WUE reduced tuition rate is not automatically awarded to all eligible candidates. Many institutions limit the number of new WUE awards each academic year, so apply early!

WICHE states include: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming.