April 8, 2021: Next Meeting 11:00am - 12:30pm, via Zoom
Upcoming Meetings* - 2020-2021 Meeting Schedule
*Meetings are regularly scheduled for the second & fourth Thursday of each month, subject to change if date conflicts with any holidays or campus wide events.
The Classified Senate represents all classified professionals at San Diego Mesa College in the shared governance and decision-making processes throughout the college, district and state. Some of the Senate's areas of focus include:
- Representing classified professionals in participatory governance and decision-making
issues not related to collective bargaining and/or contract negotiations.
- Supporting and promoting professionalism of classified professionals.
- Encouraging individual and collective leadership, contribution, and professional development
among classified professionals.
- Appointing classified representation within the committee framework as part of the
democratic processes prevalent at Mesa College and the San Diego Community College
- Providing a centralized method of effective communication throughout the college community.
- Collecting and disseminating relevant governance information to classified professionals.