May 25-27, 2016: ClassiCon 2016- STRENGTHSQUEST!
What are your TOP 5 Strenghts? Take the StrengthsQuest assessment to find out. Then, register via email for one of the StrengthsQuest workshops offered on May 25 OR May 26. Contact a Classified Senate Representative for more information.
June 2, 2016: Final Spring Meeting 10a-11a, I4-402 Conference Room (4th Floor, Student Services Building).
Trina Larson, President
The Classified Senate represents all classified employees at San Diego Mesa College in the shared governance and decision-making processes throughout the college, district and state. Some of the Senate's areas of focus include:
- Representing classified employees in participatory governance and decision-making
issues not related to collective bargaining and/or contract negotiations.
- Supporting and promoting professionalism of classified employees.
- Encouraging individual and collective leadership, contribution, and professional development
among classified employees.
- Appointing classified representation within the committee framework as part of the
democratic processes prevalent at Mesa College and the San Diego Community College
- Providing a centralized method of effective communication throughout the college community.
- Collecting and disseminating relevant governance information to classified employees.