November 9, 2017: Next Meeting 10 -11:30 a.m., LOFT 432 (4th floor LRC)
Upcoming Fall 2017 Semester Meetings*:
November 9, 2017: 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m, I4-402
December 7, 2017: 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m, I4-402
*Subject to change if date conflicts with any campus wide events.
The Classified Senate represents all classified employees at San Diego Mesa College in the shared governance and decision-making processes throughout the college, district and state. Some of the Senate's areas of focus include:
- Representing classified employees in participatory governance and decision-making
issues not related to collective bargaining and/or contract negotiations.
- Supporting and promoting professionalism of classified employees.
- Encouraging individual and collective leadership, contribution, and professional development
among classified employees.
- Appointing classified representation within the committee framework as part of the
democratic processes prevalent at Mesa College and the San Diego Community College
- Providing a centralized method of effective communication throughout the college community.
- Collecting and disseminating relevant governance information to classified employees.