Angela Liewen, President
The Classified Senate represents all classified employees at San Diego Mesa College in the shared governance and decision-making processes throughout the college, district and state. Some of the Senate's areas of focus include:
- Represent classified employees in participatory governance and decision making issues
not related to collective bargaining and/or contract negotiations.
- Support and promote professionalism of classified employees.
- Encourage individual and collective leadership, contribution, and professional development
amongst classified employees.
- Appoint classified representation within the committee framework as part of the democratic
processes prevalent at Mesa College and the San Diego Community College District.
- Provide a centralized method of effective communication amongst the college community.
- Collect and disseminate relevant governance information to classified employees.