Mesa Occupational, Environmental Health & Safety
Certain diseases can be transmitted from an infected individual or research animal to a person by contact with blood or other potentially infectious material. These diseases include, but are not limited to, hepatitis B (HBV), human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), and hepatitis C (HCV).
The Bloodborne Pathogens Plan is designed to help you identify, minimize and/or eliminate risk from an exposure to potentially infectious materials that may be in your workplace. The plan will help you protect yourself in the following ways:
- Identify what tasks may result in an exposure
- Describe proper work routines
- Outline proper exposure reporting
- Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan *coming soon*
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Declination Form