Frequently Asked Questions
4.How do I submit standardized test scores for credit?
1. Need more information about the online orientation?
Orientation is one of the steps in matriculating to Mesa and is designed to cover:
- Information About Mesa College
- Class Schedule and Catalog Rights
- Student Services
- Educational Objectives
- Registration Process
- Interpretation of Assessment Scores
- Other student services department needs
2. what is assessment and its purpose?
Assessment is a process that is designed to assist student in determining which English and math courses that they should start with, specifically identifying milestones in those areas. Assessment also helps students in meeting course prerequisites. Students may also meet course prerequisites based on other factors such as English and math course completion.
3. What is the placement Assistant?
Students who have graduated from a U.S high school more than 10 years ago, completed the GED or HiSet exam are eligible for this assessment. The Placement Assistant will identify courses that students can enroll in using prior high school academic history. Students will report their high school GPA, and completed English and math courses while in high school. Based on the information provided, students will receive and English and math placement milestone.
*The Placement Assistant will only allow one submission per student*
4. How do I submit Standardized TEST SCORES FOR CREDIT?
Standardized Tests for Credit : Please refer to District Evaluations for guidelines on submitting these transcripts for credit; the Mesa College Catalog contains information about subject and score requirements. Course credit may be available for nontraditional education through:
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
*Transcripts noting substandard grades or withdrawals in previous English or math classes at another College cannot be substituted for placement.
5. How can students clear prerequisites if they have completed courses at other institutions?
Prerequisites are processed through the central SDCCD Records Office. You may contact
the Prerequisite Evaluators at 619-388-6934, or email email@example.com. Note: this is strictly for the purpose of clearing prerequisites before registration; official transcripts for graduation/transfer may still be required.
For more details about prerequisites, go to Student Web Services at http://studentweb.sdccd.edu and click on the key Resources link and select General Information.
6. Can I Challenge My placement Level in order to Clear a Prerequisite for Course?
In some cases, yes. Challenge (or Advancement) Exams are available for a variety of courses and can clear prerequisites for Mesa classes. See the Challenge Exam FAQs.