- Our Story
- Basic Needs Resources
- Basic Needs Application
- Resources for Classified Professionals/Faculty
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Follow us on Tik Tok
Contact The Stand
- Room: K105-K106
Dreamers Welcomed | Black Lives Matter | PRIDE | #stopaapihate | Hispanic Serving Institution
ALL ARE WELCOME AT THE STAND BASIC NEEDS RESOURCE CENTER
The Stand will be closed for services due to employee training May 30-June 2. We will reopen Monday June 5th at 8am. Additionally we will have our mobile market 1-2 on Monday June 5th.
If you have a student with urgent needs, please contact Johanna (email@example.com) or Pahua (firstname.lastname@example.org) via email.
- Who is eligible to receive resources/support from the stand?
All students are eligible for resources as long as they are registered for one course at Mesa College. There are no income requirements and you do not need to provide proof of income to receive benefits. We are here for everybody!
- How do I apply?
Applications are not necessary to utilize the emergency food pantry and/or the profesional clothing closet.
However, if you need further assistance other than the food pantry and/or Professional Clothing Closet, a Basic Needs Intake application will need to be completed for new students that have never met with a Basic Needs Counselor by clicking here (application is also in the upper left hand corner in the navigation bar).
- What services do you provide?
Most services listed below are only available to Mesa College students. Furthermore, campus of record currently needs to also be listed as Mesa College (admissions application & FAFSA application).
- Two large scale food distributions; Mobile Pantry- 1st Monday of each month and the Farmers Market- 3rd Thursday of each month
- Direct Student Support
- Emergency Aid (based on fund availability)
- Emergency Food Pantry
- Workshops: in-person and/or zoom options
- Free Professional Clothing Closet (to keep)
- Free hot lunch certificates (based on availability and/or special partnerships)
- No-cost hygiene products
- How do I make an appointment for the Professional Clothing Closet?
Appointments are not required. Stop by The Stand during operation hours to take a look at clothes and/or accessories that can help you dress for success.
- How do I make an appointment with a Basic Needs Counselor?
If you have never met with a Basic Needs counselor at Mesa College:
- Please submit a Basic Needs Intake application for support here (application is also in the upper left hand corner in the navigation bar).
If you have previously met with a Basic Needs counselor at Mesa College:
- Please call The Stand or stop by in person to schedule an appointment with your counselor.
- Are there any scholarships available at The Stand?
Currently, we do not have scholarship opportunities. However, please sign up and stay updated on scholarships available at Mesa College by clicking here.
The Stand currently offers workshops via zoom to assist with searching scholarship on campus and off campus. More details to come or contact The Stand for more information.
Mesa College offers no-cost fresh produce through two large scale food distributions, Mobile Pantry and Farmers Market.
Both food distributions, now back in-person as walk up events. Sign-up or Opt-in
is no longer necessary. These events are open to all Mesa students, employees, and
surrounding neighbors and are first come first serve basis until food runs out.
If you are a Mesa College student and have any other needs, please do not hesitate to reach out to us, as we will do our best to serve and support you!
For more information about our free food programs, visit our Events Page.
For San Diego Mesa College's Campus Map, click here.