Project success @ Mesa College
Mesa College is excited to announce a new collaborative effort with the Department of Education to improve retention, graduation, and cohort default rates. Project Success was developed for Minority Serving Institutions and will provide tools that will enhance our current programs and services by addressing major challenges related to enrollment, persistence and student financial choices.
The four engaging support services Project Success includes are:
- Online Financial Literacy - Interactive course and materials focused on financial health, savings, and paying off debt. https://www.projectsuccessfinlit.org/sdmesa
- Default Rate Management & Repayment Success - Provides students assistance with information on student loan grace, delinquency and forbearance counseling.
- VitaNavis Student Success Platform - An assessment-based tool that assists students align their interests to their educational and career goals. VitaNavis Log in
- Emergency Student Aid - San Diego Mesa College and ECMC Project Success have partnered to provide students
with Emergency Student Aid. Funding is available for students for up to $500 for emergency expenses due to unforeseen circumstances.
To receive Project Success Emergency Student Aid, students must:
- Complete the online Project Success Application which can be accessed here.
- Submit supporting documentation in the online Project Success Emergency Student Aid application
- Meet eligibility requirements below
- Must be currently enrolled at Mesa College.
- Must have a minimum 2.0 Cumulative GPA.
- Only for emergency expenses due to an unforeseen circumstance. Examples: medical emergencies, unexpected car repair, unexpected change in housing, expenses due to death in the family.
- Must upload supporting documentation such as a bill, invoice, estimate, quote, receipt, etc.
- Supporting documents must corroborate the requested amount. The requested amount must match the cost shown on supporting documents. For example, an applicant providing an invoice for $180 should not request more than $180. For requests of $500, supporting documents must show an expense equal to, or greater than, $500. In the case that the maximum amount of $500 is granted, the remaining balance will be the responsibility of the student.
- Funds are NOT given to students. Funding is made directly to the vendor.
- Decisions will be made within two working days. Funding will be made to the vendor several working days thereafter.