- The Stand
- Student Success and Equity Committee
- Direct Student Support
- Equity Initiative Partnerships
- Room: I4-401 (4th Floor)
- Office Hours:
M - Th: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Fridays: 8:00am - 3:00pm
covid-19 emergency relief funds & support (CLOSED)
Mesa College Students,
San Diego Mesa College is determined to do all that we can to assist you through this difficult time. You are the most important members of our community, we know that alone, we will not be able to address all of your needs. But we are committed to doing all that we can by connecting you with external resources; addressing your educational needs; helping you to battle any feelings of isolation; and through modest financial resources.
COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund Application ProcessOur COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund is intended to help Mesa College students who are experiencing an unexpected financial hardship during this crisis. These funds are made available through the support and generosity of the San Diego Mesa College Foundation, Associated Students, the Office of Student Success and Equity, President's Foundation Fund, and generous donors. These funds are intended to support your academic goals and decrease the risk of you dropping out of classes or college.
Awards will be funded up to $150. Students can receive a maximum of one award.
- Must be enrolled in the Spring 2020 semester at Mesa College.
- Have a financial hardship/emergency that puts your education at risk.
- All requests will be thoroughly reviewed by the Equity Office.
- Due to the unprecedented amount of hardship students are facing at this time and the limited amount of funding, the majority of awards will be determined by a random lottery process of qualified applicants.
- Based on extenuating circumstance, selected applicants may receive special consideration.
Note: Students not selected in our weekly lottery will remain in the lottery while funds exist.
- Selected students will be notified by email.
- Notifications will be sent on Wednesdays.
- Checks will be mailed to the address provided in your mySDCCD portal. If needed, click here for instructions on updating your contact information.
Please complete the application below:
Application form is CLOSED for the Summer semester
Your application will be reviewed, and those selected for funding will be informed within 7 days. All applications once submitted will be assessed and reviewed weekly. For questions please email Mesathestand@sdccd.edu or call (619)361-1426.
Campus and community and Resources
Find helpful campus and community resources that can assist you with navigating your education, basic needs, and access to technology.
Mesa COVID-19 Update page
Feeling alone and afraid? Talk to a fellow student, you are a member of our community, we want to connect you. Please call 619-388-5810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and phone number, and one of our Peer Navigators and/or Ambassadors will follow up with you.
Support our students
If you are seeking to support students by donating to the Mesa College Student COVID-19 Emergency fund, click here.