ContactLocation: Room I4-209
Mesa Student Health Services will take student calls only (campus is currently closed to students) for medical, nursing and mental health counseling, 619-388-2774.
As of Monday, March 16: Student Health Call Center hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays.
We encourage you to visit our Health Service Events page to learn about our latest activities and workshops!
Students are welcome to join Linda Gibbins-Croft, LCSW on
How to Organize for a Successful Semester
Wednesday September 22, 2021 at 12:00pm
Wednesday October 20, 2021 at 12:00pm
Zoom -> 96639387440
Updated as of 05/21/2020
CoronaVirus: Mesa Community "circle of Prevention"
San Diego Mesa College is committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of our community, especially during increased flu activity and the public health situation related to a novel strain of coronavirus. To keep our community as safe as possible, we have created a “Circle of Prevention” in order to provide information and updates to the campus.
Please see the information below with alerts and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Please note that this information is time specific, and may change as local and national healthcare agencies provide updates.
Helpful information from the CDC (these materials are available in English, Spanish, and Chinese):
- Steps to prevent illness https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fprevention-treatment.html
- Symptoms of COVID-19 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- What to do when you are sick https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html
- Common questions about COVID-19 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
- Watch this video (and show to students) to learn cough and sneeze etiquette: it’s funny and short https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtnEwvUWDo0
- Ill students to be seen at Student Health/PCP and stay home
- If you think you have a fever, take your temperature. If your temperature is over 100.4 call your provider for advice (students can call Student Health).
- Keep your hands clean with hand sanitizer and hand washing
- Stay 6 feet away from ill people.
- Get a flu shot free at Mesa Student Health.
- Keep your hands away from your face.
- COVID-19 Testing in San Diego County
- Low Cost Counseling Resources
- Urgent Walk-In Services
- How to Cope With Anxiety About Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Immunization Referral List
Please contact Mesa Student Health Services with any questions: 619-388-2774.
Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) and You
Click on image to view
What to do if you are sick with
2019 Novel Coronavirus
Click on image to view
How to access Physical and mental services (Mesa COllege campus is currently closed to students)
Currently enrolled students may call 619-388-2774 during our posted business hours,
weekdays, for free services such as:
New and recurring visits with a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage Family Therapist, Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician. Students may always call with any questions or concerns. Student visits are provided remotely with telehealth.
Outside our business hours please look at our web-page for non-urgent referrals. For emergencies, call 911.
We welcome requests for disability accommodations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email non-urgent students of concern to email@example.com.
Nurse Practitioners are available daily. Call 619-388-2774Physician’s Hours:
Dr. Calvin Wong, MD is available by appointment only. Call 619-388-2774Therapist Hours:
Therapists are available by appointment. Please call our office at 619-388-2774 to
apply for therapy.
* The visit with a Therapist, Nurse Practitioner or Physician is free.
Crisis counseling is available in the Health Center I4-209 from 8-5 Mon-Thurs, and 8-12 on Friday. Students may either drop-in or make an appointment to be seen by a Therapist.
Also available is a community crisis line, 1 (800) 479-3339. In addition, for employees, the Employee Assistance Program is available for counseling services, (888) 625-4809.
CRISIS POLICY: All appointments may be shortened or rescheduled in the event of a presenting crisis or emergency. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
To Make An Appointment
Students please call (619) 388-2774.
Student Accident Insurance
Student Accident: Excluding extramural athletics (covered under Athletic Accident) coverage is for all students during regular attendance at college, and while attending college sponsored activities and traveling under college supervision to and from such activities.
ACHA Survey Results
Mesa Student Health Services partnered with the American College Health Association
to provide a valid and reliable student survey in 2018-2019. Over 500 Mesa students
were surveyed. The results are provided in 2 ways:
The focus of the survey is physical and mental health. The survey results provide a clear picture about what our students believe about their health, their activities, mental health status and much more. It is important to know what issues, problems and concerns face our students because this gives a more comprehensive picture of who our students are in an “unseen” manner.
Student Health Services Staff
Health Center Services Director Suzanne Khambata RN, MSN, FNP, CS
Professor Nancy Bromma RN, MSN, FNP, CS
Medical Director Dr. Calvin Wong MD
Counseling Coordinator Linda Gibbins-Croft LCSW
Nurse Practitioner Adjunct Faculty Vanessa Gambala RN, MSN, FNP, CS
Nurse Practitioner Adjunct Faculty Laura Milligan RN, MSN, FNP, CS
Community Health Mimi (Thanh Thao) Vu BA, Public Health
College Nurse Adjunct Faculty Robin Perry RN
Counseling Adjunct Faculty Sue Shrader Hanes LMFT
Counseling Adjunct Faculty Monica Woodruff MFT
Counseling Adjunct Faculty John Guinn LMFT
Mental Health Statewide Grant Maria Aurora San Pedro LMF