Mesa Journeys




Transcripts are the official document of the student's academic work at a college or university. The San Diego Community College District only accepts credits from US Colleges and Universities that have Regional Accreditation. For more information on accreditation and to search for a college's or universities' accreditation, visit the US Department of Education. 

Section 1: Submitting & Processing Official Transcripts 

Step 1: Submit Transcripts from all other institutions attended:
  • Students must submit official transcripts from all Colleges and Universities attended.  
  • Due to the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the office closure, we are not currently accepting hard copy transcripts; however, we are accepting electronic transcripts (PDF format).
    • When ordering a transcript, if the sending institution has partnered with Credentials/E-Scrip-Safe, the transcript will be sent as a PDF directly to the San Diego Community College District for City College, Mesa College, or Miramar College.
    • Our District is are currently working to establish direct accounts with Parchment and the National Student Clearinghouse. In the interim, regardless of the institution you are sending from, request to send the transcript to the following email address: 

Transcripts are not automatically evaluated for a student's educational goal. Transcript evaluations take 90 business days to process

  • Our Transcript staff will email you confirmation once your transcripts have been received. If you wish to have your transcripts evaluated, please visit our District's Forms & Documents page here and scroll down to "Counseling Forms" and download, complete and upload the "Request for Transcript Evaluation" form to the "Submit Form Online" button.Transcript evaluations are currently taking 90 business days. If you wish to clear pre-requisites in the meantime, please contact the Counseling department.
  • Students will receive an email from their evaluator upon completion of the evaluation. Students should meet with a Counselor to review their evaluated transcripts. 
  • Credits from other regionally accredited institutions will only be accepted for transfer credit after evaluation by the District Evaluations office.

Additional Information:

  • Students receiving financial aid or veterans benefits must have transcripts on file to receive benefits.
    • Transcripts are required even if prior credits do not appear relevant or if units were taken years ago.
    • Certain Mesa programs require that transcripts are on file before admission to the program.
    • Official transcripts from other institutions become the property of the college and will not be duplicated or returned.
    • Guam and Puerto Rico are US territories and transcripts from institutions these territories are not considered "foreign" and should be submitted. For information on foreign transcripts, please see below.
    • Confirmation of receipt of transcripts: To confirm that your transcripts have been received, please email and 

Section 2: Requesting Official Transcripts (from sdccd)

Requesting Transcripts from SDCCD (current students):

To request transcripts be sent FROM the San Diego Community College District to yourself or another institution, log-on to your MySDCCD Portal - under Student Quicklinks, select Request Official Transcript (see below):

*Transcripts requested from SDCCD will report all courses taken within the San Diego Community College District (including Mesa, City, and Miramar).

Request for transcript evaluation


Former students of San Diego City, Mesa or Miramar Colleges, or those who do not have an mySDCCD account, may order directly through Credentials by clicking on this link.

Section 3: Unofficial Transcripts

Unofficial Transcripts (current SDCCD students): Students may access their unofficial transcripts through their mySDCCD account - see below:

Unofficial Trans

Unofficial Transcripts (former SDCCD students): Former SDCCD students, who do not decide to complete an updated application may complete a help ticket to request an unofficial transcript here:

SECTION 4: Common transcript faqs

  1. What does it mean where there is a red asterisk/star (*) next to a grade (on e-grades)?
    • This means that the grade and the units for this class have been disregarded and are no longer included in your cumulative GPA or total unit count.
  2. Can you waive your transcripts from being sent and/or evaluated?
    • Transcripts can only be waived if a student's sole purpose is to only earn a Certificate of Achievement. Transcripts can only be waived when: 
    • All coursework for the Certificate of Achievement has been taken within the San Diego Community College District and/or with other institutions for which transcripts are already on file.
    • Student has completed all coursework, or is pending completion of the coursework in the current semester.
    • To waive transcripts, students must meet with a Counselor and complete a General Student Petition.
  3. Submitting Foreign Transcripts?
    • Transcripts from foreign institutions may be used to meet degree/certificate requirements. It is the choice of the student to request to have this coursework evaluated. It is recommended to speak with a counselor to discuss options.
    • If a student would like to submit their foreign transcripts, they must first have them evaluated by a Transcript Evaluation Service. For a list of approved services please visit:
    • Student must request a comprehensive evaluation including both lower and upper division coursework of the foreign transcript. Other types of evaluations will not be accepted.
    • After the comprehensive evaluation is complete, students must submit it to the campus records office along with a Request for Foreign Transcript Credits so that the coursework can be evaluated for a student's educational goal.
    • Submission of transcripts is permanent and cannot be revoked.
  4. Removing Transcript Credit from a Foreign Institution?
    • By removing credit from foreign institutions, students forfeit the right to use all credit (units), grades and grade points from the institutions for all certificate and degree programs and/or general education certification from the San Diego Community College District.
    • Coursework cannot be removed if it has been used in an education plan.
    • The removal of credit does not necessarily apply for financial aid purposes.
    • The removal is permanent and cannot be revoked.
    • To remove credits students should complete the Request to Remove Transcript Credit from a Foreign Institution form in the Evaluations Office.
  5. Foreign High School Transcripts? For information regarding foreign HIGH SCHOOL transcripts for the purpose of meeting the UC IGETC Certification foreign language requirement, please see the General Education section here.