Transcripts are the official document of the student's academic work at a college or university. The San Diego Community College District only accepts credits from US Colleges and Universities that have Regional Accreditation. For more information on accreditation and to search for a college's or universities' accreditation, visit the US Department of Education.
Section 1: Submitting & Processing Official Transcripts
Step 1: Submit Transcripts from all other institutions attended:
- Students must submit official transcripts from all Colleges and Universities attended.
- Our San Diego Community College District is now partnered with Parchment and the National Student Clearinghouse and are accepting official electronic transcripts from these providers.
- Institutions not partnered with Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse can submit official electronic transcripts to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Institutions not offering electronic transcripts can mail them to the following address:
San Diego Community College District
Attn: Transcript Department
3375 Camino Del Rio South, Room 100
San Diego, CA 92108
- Students are responsible for requesting official transcripts from each institution attended to be sent to SDCCD.
- Transcripts from foreign institutions are not required
- Transcripts are only accepted from one year after issuance.
STEP 2: REQUEST TRANSCRIPT EVALUATION
Transcripts are not automatically evaluated for a student's educational goal. Transcript evaluations take 90 business days to process
- Once your official transcripts have been sent, please give it about a week and a half to confirm they are marked "Received" in our system. You can confirm this information by emailing email@example.com. It is highly encouraged to meet with a Counselor prior to submitting a transcript evaluation request to ensure that is the best route for you to take.
- If you wish to have your transcripts evaluated, please visit our District's Forms
& Documents page here and scroll down to "Counseling Forms," click "Request for Transcript Evaluation," and complete the online request process. Please note, Transcript evaluations are currently taking 90 business days.
- If you wish to clear pre-requisites in the meantime, please contact the Counseling department here.
- Students will receive an email from their evaluator upon completion of the evaluation. Students should meet with a Counselor to review their evaluated transcripts.
- Credits from other regionally accredited institutions will only be accepted for transfer credit after evaluation by the District Evaluations office.
- Students receiving financial aid or veterans benefits must have transcripts on file to receive benefits.
- Transcripts are required even if prior credits do not appear relevant or if units were taken years ago.
- Certain Mesa programs require that transcripts are on file before admission to the program.
- Official transcripts from other institutions become the property of the college and will not be duplicated or returned.
- Guam and Puerto Rico are US territories and transcripts from institutions these territories are not considered "foreign" and should be submitted. For information on foreign transcripts, please see below.
- Confirmation of receipt of transcripts: To confirm that your transcripts have been received, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 2: Requesting Official Transcripts (from sdccd)
Requesting Transcripts from SDCCD (current students):
To request transcripts be sent FROM the San Diego Community College District to yourself or another institution, log-on to your MySDCCD Portal - under Student Quicklinks, select Request Official Transcript (see below):
*Transcripts requested from SDCCD will report all courses taken within the San Diego Community College District (including Mesa, City, and Miramar).
- Transcripts ordered online will be mailed in 1-2 business days.
- If the receiving institution accepts electronic transcripts, the transcript will be sent electronically the same day.
- To check the status of your online order, go to: Status of My Credentials Order
- For any questions regarding an order placed through Credentials, please call 1-847-716-3005
REQUESTING TRANSCRIPTS FROM SDCCD (former STUDENTS):
Former students of San Diego City, Mesa or Miramar Colleges, or those who do not have an mySDCCD account, may order directly through Credentials by clicking on this link.
Student records pre-1980: Order official transcript through Credentials by clicking on this link.
Section 3: Unofficial Transcripts
Unofficial Transcripts (current SDCCD students): Students may access their unofficial transcripts through their mySDCCD account - see below:
Unofficial Transcripts (former SDCCD students): Former SDCCD students, who do not decide to complete an updated application may complete a help ticket to request an unofficial transcript here: https://unofficialtranscript.sdccd.edu/
SECTION 4: Common transcript faqs
- What does it mean where there is a red asterisk/star (*) next to a grade (on e-grades)?
- This means that the grade and the units for this class have been disregarded and are no longer included in your cumulative GPA or total unit count.
- Can you waive your transcripts from being sent and/or evaluated?
- Transcripts can only be waived if a student's sole purpose is to only earn a Certificate
of Achievement. Transcripts can only be waived when:
- All coursework for the Certificate of Achievement has been taken within the San Diego Community College District and/or with other institutions for which transcripts are already on file.
- Student has completed all coursework, or is pending completion of the coursework in the current semester.
- To waive transcripts, students must meet with a Counselor and complete a General Student Petition.
- Transcripts can only be waived if a student's sole purpose is to only earn a Certificate of Achievement. Transcripts can only be waived when:
- Submitting Foreign Transcripts?
- Transcripts from foreign institutions may be used to meet degree/certificate requirements. It is the choice of the student to request to have this coursework evaluated. It is recommended to speak with a counselor to discuss options.
- If a student would like to submit their foreign transcripts, they must first have them evaluated by a Transcript Evaluation Service. For a list of approved services please visit: www.NACES.org.
- Student must request a comprehensive evaluation including both lower and upper division coursework of the foreign transcript. Other types of evaluations will not be accepted.
- After the comprehensive evaluation is complete, students must submit it to the campus records office along with a Request for Foreign Transcript Credits so that the coursework can be evaluated for a student's educational goal.
- Submission of transcripts is permanent and cannot be revoked.
- Removing Transcript Credit from a Foreign Institution?
- By removing credit from foreign institutions, students forfeit the right to use all credit (units), grades and grade points from the institutions for all certificate and degree programs and/or general education certification from the San Diego Community College District.
- Coursework cannot be removed if it has been used in an education plan.
- The removal of credit does not necessarily apply for financial aid purposes.
- The removal is permanent and cannot be revoked.
- To remove credits students should complete the Request to Remove Transcript Credit from a Foreign Institution form in the Evaluations Office.
Foreign High School Transcripts? For information regarding foreign HIGH SCHOOL transcripts for the purpose of meeting the UC IGETC Certification foreign language requirement, please see the General Education section here.