ContactRoom: Room I4-309 (3rd floor)
Phone/Google Voice: 619-388-2706
Students are encouraged to leave a voicemail. We will return your call or email within 1-2 business days.
Program Email: MesaFosterYouth@sdccd.edu
M-Th: 8:00am - 6:00pm
F: 8:00am - 1:00pm
FAST/NextUp Student Services Technician:
Friday from 8:00 a.m - 1:00 p.m
WHAT is FAST Scholars?
Fostering Academic Success and Transitions (FAST) Scholars - serves current and former foster youth with support services such as counseling, priority registration, book service, school supplies, assistance with Financial Aid and CHAFEE, and specialized workshops.
What are the fast scholars services?
- Academic/Personal/Career Counseling
- Priority Registration
- Book Service
- Assistance with applying to FAFSA, CHAFEE grant, and scholarships
- Specialized workshops
- And much more!
What are the FAST scholars requirements?
- Be current or former foster youth.
- Provide a verification of your dependency status (known as a Dependency Letter).
- Must apply for financial aid and list San Diego Mesa College as your campus of record.
- Enrolled in at least 3 Units.
- No age requirement, however If age 26 at the start of the academic year or older, student is eligible for academic services only, with the exception of resources provided from outside agencies and access to the FAST Center.
How to apply:
Please click the button below to apply now
Applications will be reviewed starting on June 22nd. Check your mySDCCD portal 3-4 weeks after you enroll for your Fall 2020 classes. To find out your Fall 2020 registration date, check your mySDCCD portal. Registration for Fall 2020 begins on June 22nd.
For more information contact: Consuelo Orihuela at email@example.com or contact EOPS at 619-388-2706
- Stay tuned!