ContactRoom: Room I4-204 (2nd floor)
M-Th: 9:00am - 4:00pm
F: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Cesar Zamora Becerra
Sr. Student Services Aassistant
Ángel Aguilar Garcia
Dreamer Resource Center and Borderless Scholars Program Coordinator
EOPS/Borderless Scholars Adjunct Counselor
EOPS/Borderless Scholars Adjunct Counselor
Borderless Scholars supports undocumented, AB540, Dreamer, DACA, students from mixed-status families, faculty/staff, and allies as well as the community at large. Here you will be able to learn more about our staff, events, and resources specifically for undocumented students.
INTERESTED IN SUPPORTING UNDOCUMENTED STUDENTS AT MESA?
Join the Mesa College Dreamer Students Work Group! We meet on a regular basis.
Staff/faculty and students are welcome to join!
Contact Borderless Scholars at MesaDreamers@sdccd.edu for more information.
The DREAM TEAM
The Mesa College Borderless Scholars DREAM Team is here to support you!
What is Borderless Scholars?
The Borderless Scholars’ program is designed to provide a safe and welcoming environment for undocumented students and undocu-allies. We support these students to overcome personal and educational challenges due to their immigration status. We provide personal, career, and academic counseling, on-campus support services, and community resources including free legal services. Advocacy and social justice is our main passion; allow us to be the support you need.
What are the Borderless Scholars services?
- Academic/Career/Personal Counseling
- Book Service
- Meal cards
- On and off-campus resources.
- California Dream Act application assistance.
- AB-540 Affidavit completion assistance
- Specialized Workshops and events specifically created for undocumented students
- "Know Your Rights" sessions.
- Immigration Consultations.
- And much more!
What are the requirements to participate as a Borderless Scholar?
- Identify as a Dreamer, AB-540, Undocumented, and/or DACA recipient.
How to apply to Borderless Scholars
Please click the button below to apply now
To learn more about Borderless Scholars at Mesa College, contact us at:
Ángel Aguilar Garcia, Dreamer Resource Center and Borderless Scholars Program Counselor Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
DREAMER RESOURCE CENTER
The Mesa College Dreamer Resource Center is a space devoted to providing resources, support, and advocacy for students that identify as Undocumented, AB540, Dreamer, DACA, mixed status families, and community.
We look forward to meeting you!
FREE Immigration Legal Services
San Diego Mesa College and Jewish Family Service of San Diego (JFS) have partnered to progive services through its Higher Education Legal Services (HELS) program. The Higher Education Legal Services (HELS) program is a unique opportunity for students, staff, and faculty at Community Colleges to access personalized Immigration Legal Services from highly qualified legal practitioners. JFS Immigration Attorneys and Department of Justice Representatives are available at local schools to provide culturally-competent, trauma-informed, and reliable expertise to the campus community.
Click on the link below to learn more about these services and to schedule a FREE appointment with an immigration attourney:
- Immigration eligibility consultations
- DACA renewal
- Family-based immigration
- Know Your Rights sessions
- Emergency Planning & Safety Preparedness
- Other legal immigration services
- Immigrants Rising Scholarship (list)
- Mesa College Scholarship Opportunities
- Sin Fronteras Scholarship The Sin Fronteras Scholarship awards funding to Undocumented Students of San Diego Mesa College for the purpose of their educational advancement. Eligible students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5; be currently enrolled at Mesa College in at least 6 units; and have completed at least 12 units at Mesa College. This scholarship opportunity is open to ALL undocumented students, including AB-540 and DACA recipients. This scholarship is for students attending San Diego Mesa College.
- MALDEF Scholarship Resources
- California Latino Legislative Caucus Foundation, Scholarship Program
- Levin-Goffe Scholarship for LGBTQI Immigrants
SDCCD pledges support of students regardless of immigration status. Learn more about how our San Diego Community College District supports our Dreamers
through the Dreamer Support Program.
Learn about District updates pertaining to Dreamer students at www.sdccd.edu/students News and Information. Read memos here:
Updated Information regarding DACA renewals
Important Information for DACA students
Important Immigration Information for Students
Services for Homeless Students
ADDITIONAL COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Rapid Response Network
- Alliance San Diego
- California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office - Resources for Undocumented Students
- MALDEF (Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund)
- Mexican Consulate of San Diego
- CollegeBoard's National Repository of Resources for Undocumented Students
Immigration Detainee Locator
Visit the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement webpage to locate a detainee who is currently in ICE custody. The online detainee locator system cannot search for records of persons under the age of 18. Click here to visit the detainee locator system.
Advocacy/LEGAL ASSISTANCE, ACADEMIC FINANCIAL AID, & more!
- Alliance San Diego
- California Latino Legislative Caucus Foundation (Scholarship Program)
- Cesar Chavez Foundation
- CHIRLA (Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights)
- College Guide for Undocumented Students
- DACA Scholarship iTunes App
- ILRC (Immigrant Legal Resource Center)
- Immigrants Rising
- Levin-Goffe Scholarship for LGBTQI Immigrants (check annually)
- MALDEF, The Latino Legal Voice for Civil Rights in America
- National Immigration Law Center - offers a wide range of educational materials for immigrant communities & allies.
- San Diego Immigrant Rights Consortium
- Summer Health Professions Education Program
- Undocumented Student Loan Information
- United We Dream
Local Dream Centers @ Colleges & Universities
- California State University - Resources
- California State University, San Marcos - DREAMER Resource Office
- San Diego City College - DREAMer Resource Center
- San Diego State University - Undocumented Resource Area
- University of California, San Diego - Undocumented Student Services Center