- WE Class List
- Steps to Enroll
- Application Resources
- WE Toolkit - Forms
- Internship Preparation Help
- Frequently Asked Questions
Work Experience Steps to Enroll:
Have an internship, job, or volunteer position secured and want to receive college credit for your hands-on experience? Complete the Work Experience Application and requirements below to be considered for enrollment this semester and to receive an ADD/permission # to enroll:
To be eligible to obtain an ADD code/permission # to enroll, students must complete the following requirements:
- Be a current SDCCD/Mesa College student (Apply online at http://www.sdmesa.edu/apply/)
- Secure a job, internship, or volunteer position (Paid or Unpaid)
- Watch the Work Experience Orientation and complete the Orientation Quiz (Save quiz as file (PDF) to your computer as you will need to upload the file into WE Application)
- Complete the Online Work Experience Application - Watch the WE Application Tutorial below for assistance as needed. Fall 2022 Application will be available in late July to mid August - Check back soon!
- Completion of Employer Agreement by Site Supervisor (emailed to Site Supervisor automatically once student WE Application has been submitted)
- Mesa College On-Campus Unpaid Internship SDCCD Volunteer Form - Only required of students working in an ON-CAMPUS department in an UNPAID position.
- Attend mandatory in-person orientation (or virtual, see Covid note below) with Work Experience Instructor
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training: The SDCCD Keenan Sexual Harassment Training is no longer required in order to receive an add code to enroll in a Work Experience course. Students are encouraged to complete this training prior to beginning work experience hours, but must complete it prior to the withdrawal deadline. Students will automatically receive emails from the San Diego Community College District (SDCCD) and Keenan outlining steps to complete the training at the time of enrollment.
COVID-19 ADJUSTMENTS: In response to the current pandemic and impacted closures, both in-person or remote work will be accepted for Work Experience. In addition, the WE faculty orientation and site visits, which typically occur in-person, may take place virtually, most likely via Zoom. For more detailed information, please visit the SDCCD Work Experience website. Students completing in-person placements are highly encouraged to follow all health and safety protocols outlined by the CDC, Public Health Officials, and employment site.
Upon submission of your Work Experience Application, the assigned Work Experience Instructor for your class will review your submitted forms for accuracy and completion. Once ALL forms and requirements are approved, the Work Experience Instructor will send an email to you with an ADD/permission # to enroll in the Work Experience class shortly before the semester begins.
Questions? Please contact Shawn Fawcett, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.