Students, Alumni and Employers
Students & Alumni
SDCCD is excited to announce the launch of our NEW & IMPROVED, district-wide student & alumni online job board, Handshake, as a free one-stop-shop for kickstarting careers.
STUDENT HANDSHAKE ACTIVATION:
- Students who attended SDCCD from Spring 2020-Present received an email via Handshake on March 14th 2022 inviting them to activate their free student account. Please follow the instructions outlined to complete your account
- For students who were outside of the import window (Spring 2020-present) and did not receive an email via Handshake to activate their account, please create an account
- If you are experiencing issues accessing your Handshake activation email, or did not receive an email, please call our department at 619-388-2777 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name and student ID #.
SDCCD EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:Are you seeking full-time/part-time employement within the SDCCD (City, Mesa, Miramar, Continuing Education). Search Current Openings here: https://www.sdccdjobs.com/
FREE PROFESSIONAL CLOTHING:
If you are preparing for employment opportunities and in need of FREE professional clothing, please stop by The Stand. Always dress for success!
The Stand is located in K105-K106. FREE food and professional clothing is offered to all students. For more information on The Stands on-going services, click here.
The San Diego Community College District is excited to announce the launch of Handshake, our new & improved, district-combined online job board. This is a FREE website for employers. By activating a Handshake account with us, you’ll have access to qualified talent of over 75,000 students from each of our SDCCD campuses - City College, Mesa College, Miramar College, and College of Continuing Education.
EMPLOYER HANDSHAKE ACTIVATION:
- Link for EMPLOYERS to create accounts - Employers logging in or creating accounts using the above URL will automatically request employer approval through SDCCD HS.
- Employers who had an account in our previous Job Board, College Central Network, received an email January 29, 2022 with instructions on creating an employer account through Handshake. If you did not receive an email please contact the Career Center at (619) 388-2777 or email email@example.com.
Work-Based Learning Activities
Work-Based Learning (WBL) consists of exposing students to varying interactions with careers, industries, and employers (ie: informational interviews, classroom projects, job shadows, industry speakers, internships, etc.). WBL opportunities:
- Connect you as an employer with faculty/campus departments
- Help you identify how Mesa College can address your organization's needs
- Support you in preparing Mesa's students to be career ready
In addition, if you are interested in partnering for future remote work-based learning activities, please reach Work-Based Learning.
Free Speech on Campus: As a public institution, there are free speech areas on campus where persons can disseminate information. These individuals or organizations are in no way hosted by the Career Center or campus. Click here to learn more.