OnBoarding & Career Exploration
- Align organization structures and resources that are equitable to support student career preparation and exploration as an integral aspect of student onboarding and learning.
- Create of a strategic implementation plan focused on majors and career exploration which includes both instruction and student services.
- Develop a support system inclusive of student services, business services, instruction, and alumni to better support the varied student needs and career development within the programs.
- Explore and integrate work-based learning and career exploration activities in the student experience both inside and outside the classroom.
- Improve onboarding and career exploration opportunities for prospective and current students and implement an intake process that provides a more streamlined experience for students.
- Develop inclusive, equitable, differentiated orientation.
- Strengthen dissemination of information and 21st Century skill development in each of the college’s programs.
- Review gap analysis regarding career exploration and services and incorporate the findings into Mesa College’s strategic implementation plan focused on majors and career exploration. (Goals 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
- Implement a concrete and accessible “interface” for students who can access information at their convenience. (Goals 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Design and offer inclusive, equitable, differentiated onboarding and orientation for incoming students and current students transitioning to a new area of study. (Goal 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
- Create and offer courses, work-based learning, and career development activities for each program of study. (Goals 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Investigate technological access to career exploration software including electronic resources and databases for career exploration that facilitates student career exploration. (Goal 4)
- Establish a community of practice and training between student services and instruction focusing on career exploration. (Goals 2, 3)
- Implement practices that share information and integrate 21st Century skill development in each of the college’s programs. (Goals 2, 4, 7)
Meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month from 2:30pm pm – 4:00 pm. Meetings are being held virtually until further notice.
Agendas & Meeting Notes:
Spring Semester 2023
|Fall Semester 2022|
Spring Semester 2022
|Fall Semester 2021|
Spring Semester 2021
|Fall Semester 2020|
Spring Semester 2020
|Name||Title||Department / Program / Affiliations|
|Shawn Fawcett (Co-Chair)||Faculty||Work-Based Learning Coordinator|
|Marisa Alioto||Faculty||Counseling, GP Co-Coordinator|
|Raquel Aparacio||Supervisor||Admissions Supervisor|
|Joel Arias||Classified Professional||Web Design & Development|
|Monica Romero||Dean||Business & Technology|
|Amy Bettinger||Classified Professional||SSSP/Assessment and Placement|
|Pavel Consuegra||Faculty||Internship Coordinator|
|Sharon Hughes||Faculty||Accelerated College Program|
|Leroy Johnson||Faculty, Department Chair||Counseling|
|Alicia Lopez||Classified Professional||Senior Student Services Assistant|
|Dulce Carolina Lopez||Classified Professional||Admissions|
|Helen Ma||Career Peer Ambassador||Career Services|
|Kim Mills||Faculty||Allied Health - RadTech|
|Edeama Onwuchekwa||Librarian||Equity & Engagement|
|Olivia Picolla||Classified Professional||Student Services Technician|
|Shenai Potter||Pathways Fellow||Pathways|
|Agustin Rivera||Classified Professional||AVANZA, CRUISE, Peer Navigator Program|
|Monica Romero||Associate Dean||Career Technical Education|
|Rachel Russell||Faculty||Geographic Information Systems|
|Kris Secor||Faculty||Web Development|
|Raquel Sojourner||Faculty||Counseling/Career Coordinator|
|Karla Trutna||Supervisor||Outreach Coordinator and Assessment Supervisor|
|Duane Wesley||Faculty||Computer & Information Sciences|