- Application Periods
- Application Process
- Appeal Workshops
- CARES Act
- CARES Act Reporting
- Financial Assistance Grant
- Cost of Attendance
- Deadline Dates
- Experimental Site Initiative
- Employee Code of Conduct
- Online Resources
- Payment Disbursement Dates
- Programs Available
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Terms of Agreement
- Return to Title IV Policy
- Work Study
- Virtual Counter
Financial Assistance Grant
san Diego Mesa College
United Way of San diego financial assistance Grant
The application process for the United Way of San Diego Financial Assistance Grant is now closed.
Latest Update: 10/8/2020
Through the United Way of San Diego, Mesa College is able to offer financial assistance to students in need. The purpose of these funds is to award emergency financial grants to a group of students who were not formally eligible for CARES Act funding and have specific expenses that are a direct result of the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19. Eligible students may apply to receive $200.00. We encourage eligible students to apply by 5:00pm on Monday, September 28th, 2020.
In order to be eligible for the Financial Assistance Grant, students must:
- Currently enrolled in Fall 2020 classes
- Not eligible for Unemployment Insurance (did not file an IRS 1040s form)
- Are one of the following:
- Non-US Citizen
- Undocumented Student
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Non-high school graduate
- Have experienced employment related hardship due to COVID-19
about the fund
- The United Way of San Diego grant is made to provide resources to students impacted by layoffs and reduced working hours as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
- If you would like to volunteer to provide a personal testimonial to highlight the impact of the grant please indicate it on the application.
- The United Way maximum amount a Mesa College student can receive for Fall 2020 is $200.
- Awards will be distributed until Financial Assistance Grant funds are exhausted.
- This award is not a loan and does not have to be paid back.
The application process for the united way of san diego is closed.
- Please click on this link or visit https://bit.ly/sdccduwa
- Be sure to apply 5:00pm on Monday, September 28th, 2020
Receiving the Award
- Students will receive a confirmation email once they submit.
Students can track the status of their request by clicking on the link in the confirmation email or visiting the mySDCCD Support Center at https://mysdccd.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals
- Funds will be awarded:
- By check and mailed to the student applicant’s current mailing address only.
Please check that your current MAILING address is correct.
If needed, click here for instructions on updating your contact information.
- By direct deposit. Students receiving financial aid are eligible to sign up for direct deposit. Visit How to Sign Up for Direct Deposit or How to Change Direct Deposit Bank Accounts for more information
For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We know this is a challenging time for students and want to commend you for your continued resilience! We are here for you!