- Application Process
- Appeal Workshops
- CARES Act
- Financial Assistance Grant
- Cost of Attendance
- Deadline Dates
- Experimental Site Initiative
- Employee Code of Conduct
- Online Resources
- Payment Disbursement Dates
- Programs Available
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Terms of Agreement
- Return to Title IV Policy
- Work Study
san Diego Mesa College
financial assistance Grant
Financial Assistance Application has closed for Summer 2020.
Latest Update: 7/20/2020
Through the Financial Assistance Grant, Mesa College is able to offer financial assistance to students in need. The purpose of these funds is to award emergency financial grants to a group of students not previously eligible for CARES Act funding and have specific expenses that are a direct result of the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19. Eligible students may apply to receive $200.00. We encourage eligible students to apply by the extended deadline of Friday, July 17, 2020.
In order to be eligible for the Financial Assistance Grant, students must:
- Completed Spring 2020 and/or currently enrolled in Summer 2020 classes
- Not eligible for Unemployment Insurance (did not file an IRS 1040s form)
- Are one of the following:
- Non-US Citizen
- Undocumented Student
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Non-high school graduate
- Have experienced employment related hardship due to COVID-19
about the fund
- The Financial Assistance Grant is made to provide resources to students impacted by layoffs and reduced working hours as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
- If you would like to volunteer to provide a personal testimonial to highlight the impact of the grant please indicate it on the application.
- The Financial Assistance Grant maximum amount a Mesa College student can receive for Summer 2020 is $200.
- Awards will be distributed until Financial Assistance Grant funds are exhausted.
- This award is not a loan and does not have to be paid back.
ApplyFinancial Assistance Application has closed for Summer 2020.
Receiving the Award
- Students will receive a confirmation email once they submit.
Students can track the status of their request by clicking on the link in the confirmation email or visiting the mySDCCD Support Center at https://mysdccd.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals
- Funds will be awarded by check and mailed to the student applicant’s current mailing address only.
- Please check that your current MAILING address is correct.
- If needed, click here for instructions on updating your contact information.
For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We know this is a challenging time for students and want to commend you for your continued resilience! We are here for you!