- Business Services
- College Facilities
- Business Office Support
- College Technology Services
- Grant Process
- Printing & Mail Services
- Event Planning
- Key Request
- Shipping & Receiving
- Student Accounting
- Facilities Rental
- Board Agenda Item Process
Hours of Operations:PLEASE REFER TO WWW.SDMESA.EDU FOR CAMPUS UPDATES. Campus is currently closed until January 31, 2022. We're available online: Mon - Thurs 8am - 6pm
Fridays 8am - 1pm Office Closed for Holidays: Feb 18-21, 2022 Apr 1, 2022 May 30, 2022 July 4, 2022
Location:Student Services Building (I-400), First Floor
Phone: 619-388-2704 or Google Voice: 619.354-1103 Fax: 619-388-2821
Accounting Supervisor Anthony Alfuente
Senior Accounting Technician
Accounting Technician Associated Students/ Clubs/Agencies/ Scholarships
Senior Account Clerk Misc.Third Party Billings Refunds by last name: E-H Tram Anh Dinh Senior Account Clerk Dept. of Rehab./EOPS/College Promise Billings Refunds by last name: A,B, I-N
Senior Account Clerk Military Billings Child Care Reporting Refunds by last name: O-R
Consuelo Porto y Taboada
Senior Account Clerk Fiduciary Accts. Receivables Returned/NSF Checks Refunds by last name: S-U
Senior Account Clerk Fiduciary Accounts Payable Veterans Ch.31 Billings Refunds by last name: C,D, V-Z
PLEASE REFER TO WWW.SDMESA.EDU FOR CAMPUS UPDATES.
The Student Accounting Office coordinates the collection of fees and provides related services to students. We process refunds for classes dropped on refund deadlines, issue printed grades report and accept transcript requests for a nominal fee. We sell College monthly and semester bus/trolley passes. We accept and process payments for the following: financial holds, parking permits, deferments, third party transactions, Financial Aid repayments, and child care fees. We maintain the records for scholarships, Associated Students, clubs, agencies and Fiduciary Trust accounts.
Under the division of Administrative Services, the mission of Student Accounting Office is to provide efficient, professional support services and to ensure fiscal accountability to our customers within and beyond our campus community while adhering to District's policies and procedures and supporting the college's educational mission.
Tuition and feesMandatory Fees
- Enrollment fee is $46.00 per unit which is assessed on all students, including nonresidents.
- Nonresident tuition is $307 per unit. This fee is in addition to the enrollment and health fees, for students who are not residents of California for tuition purposes.
- Bachelor's Fee (currently at Mesa) for Bachelor's classes is $84.00/unit in addition to enrollment fees. This fee is not covered by CCPG.
- Health fee $20.00 per semester for Fall and Spring, and $17 for the summer session.
- Student Representation Fee is $2.00 per semester.
- Special Fees (i.e. Dosimetry Fees (non-refundable), Golf Fees, Fashion Material Fees) is required of students enrolled in certain courses. Courses may carry a nominal fee for special fees provided to students throughout the semester.
- Associated Students (AS) Membership is $8.00 per academic year.
- Auto Parking Permit is $40.00 per semester. Students who are determined eligible for financial aid based on income standards may purchase an automobile parking permit for $25 per semester.
- Motorcycle Parking Permit is $17.50 per semester.
- Carpool Parking Permit is $30.00 per semester.
Parking Permits for Spring 2022 Update:
- Spring 2022 parking permits are valid Jan 31 – May 28, 2022
- Due to a technical issue at this time we are unable to accept online requests for parking permits through mySDCCD. Please call our Student Accounting Office at 619-388-2704 or email us at email@example.com to request a parking permit.
- The purchase deadline to receive a parking permit by mail is noon on January 19th, 2022.
- Tickets will not be issued in ‘student parking’ lots until after the first week of class: enforcement begins February 7, 2022.
Forms of payment
All fees must be paid in full by the date indicated under the Finances tab on mySDCCD.
Fees may be paid by credit card (Visa or MasterCard), check, money order, cashier's check or students may sign up for a Payment Plan in mySDCCD. A cancelled check or credit card statement will serve as a receipt.
If paying by check, or credit card, students may be administratively dropped if payment is not cleared by the bank; however this will not relieve the student's financial liability to the college.
If fees are being paid by a third party (e.g., tuition assistance, State Department of Rehabilitation, employer sponsorship programs, scholarships, etc.), the student must contact the college Student Accounting Office to process paperwork and complete registration prior to the due date provided at the time of registration.
Payment Plan allow students to pay their fees in installments. Students who owe more than $250 in a term will be allowed to sign up, make a 20% down payment along with a nonrefundable $25 Payment Plan fee, and make monthly payments. There is a limited timeframe to enroll in Payment Plan for each term. Elligible students can sign up for a payment plan during the enrollment period. Click on this link for more information about Payment Plan.
If students have any financial holds on their account, please submit the credit card authorization payment form and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to COVID pandemic, please allow 1-2 business days to process your payment.
To be eligible for a refund of fees, students must use mySDCCD to either drop all classes or reduce their unit load by the refund deadline dates. No refund is given for classes dropped after the deadline. Refunds will be processed after the add/drop deadline. Cash refunds will be processed only for cash payments. There is a maximum amount for cash refunds. For check refunds, there is a 5-week waiting period from the date of the check was processed. Refund checks will be mailed to the address of record. Credit card refunds will be credited back to the credit card used. There are no cash or check refunds for credit card payments.
All coursework completed at San Diego City, Mesa, or Miramar are included on one transcript. The first two transcripts issued to or for you in your lifetime are free of charge. Thereafter, each transcript costs $5.00.
Student Accounting Office only accepts transcript requests. We do not issue transcripts. You can also order your transcript online (will be mailed within 1-2 business days) at the e-Transcript website. To request transcripts in person, please go to the District Transcript Office located at 3375 Camino del Rio South, Ste 100, San Diego, CA 92108.
The 1098-T tax form is a Tuition Statement provided by higher education institutions to all eligible students who pay enrollment fees (including non-resident tuition) during the calendar year. The 1098T form may be used by students or parents to claim the American Opportunity Tax Credit or Lifetime Learning Credit on their federal income tax returns.
Eligible students who selected "Electronic" delivery of their 1098-T tax form can download their form online at the e-tax website. Eligible students who selected "Paper" delivery of their 1098-T tax form will have their form mailed out to them by January 31st.See the FAQs
Bus & Trolley PassesDiscounted Transit Passes for Students
Mesa students who are enrolled and paid for a minimum of 7 units and have no other financial holds are eligible for discounted* Bus and Trolley passes, good for unlimited transit trips all Spring long! Transit passes are available for purchase at the Mesa Student Accounting Office by contacting us via phone call or email to set up an appointment for the physical PRONTO card.
Semester Pass (valid January 10 through June 6): $180
- Semester pass available for purchase January 18 through February 25, 2022
- College transit passes use the PRONTO system. Students can choose to use a physical PRONTO card or the PRONTO mobile app. (Students must choose either the card or the app; you cannot use both within the same semester.) PRONTO cards are available at the Student Accounting office on campus. Students who want to use the mobile app should download the app and set up an account prior to purchasing their pass.
Student will be allowed to enter the building through the sliding glass door of the main entrance (facing parking lot 1) on the 1st floor. Masks are required at all times. Students must have their picture ID ready. Please use proper safety COVID protocol.More information on Bus & Trolley passes
Financial Aid checks
If you requested your Financial Aid to be held, then you may pick up your check at our Accounting Office during our business hours. Financial Aid checks can be mailed upon request. To submit your request, please email us (email@example.com) with your name, student ID, and confirmation of your current mailing address. For verification purposes, please use the email on your mySDCCD portal account and make sure your mailing address is current.