- Accelerated College Program
- Allied Health
- American Indian Studies
- American Sign Language
- Veterinary Technology
- Architecture and Environmental Design
- Asian American Studies
- Art & Fine Art
- Arts & Languages (School)
- Black Studies
- Building & Construction Technology
- Business & Technology (School)
- Chicano Studies
- Child Development
- Communication Studies
- Computer Business Technology
- Computer Information Science
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Assisting
- Digital Technology
- Dramatic Arts
- Exercise Science
- Geographic Information Systems
- Health Information Technology
- Health Information Management
- Health Sciences & Public Service (School)
- Humanities (School)
- Interior Design
- Liberal Arts
- Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Studies
- Mathematics & Natural Sciences (School)
- Medical Assisting
- Physical Science
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Political Science
- Radiologic Technology
- Real Estate
- Social Behavioral Sciences & Multicultural Studies (School)
- Social Sciences
- Teacher Education
- Web Development
2022 PTA Program application dates are Monday April 11, 2022 at 12pm - Friday May 20, 2022 at 12pm
Click 'View Application Instructions' link below for details.
Communication regarding acceptance will begin via email by June 13, 2022. Emails will be sent to the email address included in the online application.
Confirmation of Acceptance must be returned via email by the date indicated.*
*Please be sure to respond by the date listed in the email as confirmation of acceptance response times change as the Fall semester approaches.
All applicants will receive an email the first week of July regarding their application status. Thank you.
The primary mission of the PTA Program at San Diego Mesa College is to provide excellence in the education and development of competent physical therapist assistants that provide high quality patient care through evidence based practice to diverse populations and become leaders within the health care community and profession.
goals for graduates
- Select and perform safe and effective interventions within the:
- PTA scope of practice.
- Physical therapist’s plan of care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of California physical therapy laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behaviors consistent with professional standards and practice.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, as appropriate for a PTA.
- Participate in self-assessment and develop plans to improve knowledge, skills, and behavior as appropriate for a PTA.
Information SessionsRSVP's are not required for attendance at the one-hour information session.
Zoom Link: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/95884353551
- 2019 84.6%
- 2020 95.2%
- 2021 95.7%
2-year average Graduation Rate is 95.5%
The program is challenging and full-time commitment to the program is recommended.
Licensure Examination Pass Rate
2018 first time pass rate - 89.5%, ultimate pass rate - 100%
2019 First time pass rate - 95%, ultimate pass rate - 100%
2020 First time Pass Rate - 77.3%, Ultimate Pass Rate - 90.0%
2021 First Time Pass Rate - 91.3%, Ultimate Pass Rate - 91.3%*
*Not all graduates have taken the licensure examincation.
2-year average 1st time Licensure Examination Rate is 84.3% *from 2020 and 2021
2-year average Ultimate Pass Rate is 95% *from 2019 and 2020
100% of our graduates in 2019 and 2020 who sought employment after passing the licensure exam succeeded.*
2-year average Employment Rate is 100%
*Data not yet complete for 2021 graduates
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at San Diego Mesa College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 3030 Potomac Ave., Suite 100, Alexandria, Virginia 22305-3085; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call Amanda Johnston 619-388-2229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Approved by the Physical Therapy Board of California