- Accelerated College Program
- Bridges to the Baccalaureate
- College Newspaper
- Mesa College Theatre
- Museum Studies
- Music Ensembles
- Personal Growth
- CRUISE Program
- Mesa Tutoring & Computing Center
- Work Experience
Welcome to the Mesa Honors Program
Some Quick Facts about our program
- Honors is a great way to join a community of students pursuing similar goals, connect
with faculty, and engage your intellectual imagination.
- You do not have to have prior experience as an honors students and there are no GPA
requirements to create an honors contract.
- Honors does not add to or otherwise change your GPA.
- You are an Honors student and part of the program, even when you only take one honors
course or convert one class to Honors using a contract.
- You can turn any 15 week, transfer level course into an honors class with an honors contract (as long as your Professor agrees). You can also register for a 15 week Honors Course when you register for classes.
Honors certificates and UCLA Tap
HOW TO turn any class into an honors class
- Make sure your class is at least 15 weeks long and transfer level (100 or higher).
- Ask your professor if they would be open to collaborating with you on creating an Honors Contract for their course. This is the most important step. Honors Contracts are done with the support and approval of your professor.
- Work with your professor to create 3-5 projects/assignments for the Honors Contract.
- Complete and submit the Honors Contract.
- Once submitted, your professor should receive an email asking them to confirm that they approve your contract.
- There is no need to do anything further. Someone from the Honors team will contact you if there are questions/concerns about your submission.
Visiting this page is your first step toward becoming an honors student. To make sure you don't miss any info about honors and opportunities to participate in campus life, find us on Instagram @sdmesahonors!