Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee
The Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee (PIE) is a participatory governance
committee that reports directly to President's Cabinet.
PIE is designed to advance the overall planning for the College.
Following the sustainable continuous quality improvement model, PIEC is responsible for assuring that the College's planning framework is consistent with accreditation standards; for guiding the annual assessment of progress on stated goals, objectives and priorities and recommending changes as indicated; and for assuring the integration of planning across the campus.
PIE may establish sub-committees to carry out specific purpose and objective of the committee. These sub-committees will report directly back to the PIE Committee.
PIEC CHARGE AND ONGOING RESPONSIBILITIES :
Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee (PIEC) is the organizing and oversight body for Mesa College’s institutional planning processes and has the following responsibilities:
- Monitor and support progress of campus wide initiatives, using data, to support a continued focus on equity and ensure alignment with ACCJC institution set standards and campus goals.
- Communicate and meaningfully engage the campus community in institutional effectiveness efforts, governance structure updates, and short- and long-term planning cycles.
- Support resource allocation processes that align with long- and short-term planning goals.
- Continuously evaluate the efficacy of current planning and assessment structures and engage in quality improvement to support the mission of the institution.
- Make recommendations to President’s Cabinet on policies and practices related to institutional planning and effectiveness, including governance processes and outcome assessment.
- Oversee the development and assessment of progress towards Mesa College’s long-term plan (Mesa2030) and strategic plan (Roadmap to Mesa2030)
- Periodically review the Mesa College Integrated Planning process and update the Integrated Planning and Governance Guide as needed.
Reports to: President's Cabinet (PCAB)
Meets: Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month, from 3:30pm to 5:00pm in Zoom Meeting ID: 950 5466 6998 | View Agendas & Minutes
Deliverables for 2021/2022
Recommend development of Accreditation Steering Committee
Establish Membership composition for Accreditation Steering Committee
Support the development of the Accreditation timeline
Monitor progress and timeline adherence
Support development of ISER
2. Program Review/Outcomes
Support the selection of new software
Collaborate on the development of a training plan for new software
Ensure alignment with Roadmap objectives
Support FHP, CHP, and BARC processes
Evaluate implementation of Gov101
Revise Gov101 based on feedback
Administer Governance Self-Evaluation survey
4. Roadmap Implementation
Develop Grid with objectives
Coordinate assignment of leadership responsibilities for each objective
Integrate Roadmap tasks into Integrated Planning Calendar
Monitor development of Progress report Template
Develop template for Committee Reports to PIEC
Revisiting the list of who reports to PIEC
5.Update Integrated Planning Calendar
|John Crocitti||Academic Senate President (or designee)||email@example.com|
|Nathan Resch||Exercise Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Michael Harrison||Arts & Languagesemail@example.com|
|Tracy Tuttle||Business & Technologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ian Duckles||Social/Behavioral SBSemail@example.com|
|Danica Moore||Math & Natural Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Holly Jagielinski*||Health Scienceemail@example.com|
|Ashanti Hands||Student Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lorenze Legaspi||Administrative Servicesemail@example.com|
|Pamela Luster||College Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Howard Eskew||Pathways Consultantsemail@example.com|
|Toni Parsons||HSI Programfirstname.lastname@example.org|
PIE Webpage Representative: Sahar King