Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee
The Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee (PIE) is a participatory governance
committee that reports directly to President's Cabinet.
PIE is designed to advance the overall planning for the College.
Following the sustainable continuous quality improvement model, PIEC is responsible for assuring that the College's planning framework is consistent with accreditation standards; for guiding the annual assessment of progress on stated goals, objectives and priorities and recommending changes as indicated; and for assuring the integration of planning across the campus.
PIE may establish sub-committees to carry out specific purpose and objective of the committee. These sub-committees will report directly back to the PIE Committee.
PIEC CHARGE AND ONGOING RESPONSIBILITIES :
Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee (PIEC) is the organizing and oversight body for Mesa College’s institutional planning processes and has the following responsibilities:
- Monitor and support progress of campus wide initiatives, using data, to support a continued focus on equity and ensure alignment with ACCJC institution set standards and campus goals.
- Communicate and meaningfully engage the campus community in institutional effectiveness efforts, governance structure updates, and short- and long-term planning cycles.
- Support resource allocation processes that align with long- and short-term planning goals.
- Continuously evaluate the efficacy of current planning and assessment structures and engage in quality improvement to support the mission of the institution.
- Make recommendations to President’s Cabinet on policies and practices related to institutional planning and effectiveness, including governance processes and outcome assessment.
- Oversee the development and assessment of progress towards Mesa College’s long-term plan (Mesa2030) and strategic plan (Roadmap to Mesa2030)
- Periodically review the Mesa College Integrated Planning process and update the Integrated Planning and Governance Guide as needed.
Reports to: President's Cabinet (PCAB)
Meets: Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month, from 3:30pm to 5:00pm in MC 211B. | View Agendas & Minutes
Deliverables for 2020/2021
- Strategic Plan Document – Roadmap to 2030
- Integrated Planning Guidance
- Governance Model Chart
- Integrated Planning and Governance Guide
- Provide content and feedback for the Mid-term report and annual reporting processes for Accreditation.
|Vacant||Academic Senate President (or designee)||Vacant|
|Michael Harrison||Arts & Languagesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tracy Tuttle||Business & Technologyemail@example.com|
|Ian Duckles||Social/Behavioral SBSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Danica Moore||Math & Natural Scienceemail@example.com|
|Holly Jagielinski*||Health Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
PIE Webpage Representative: Anda McComb and Sahar King