Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee
The Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee (PIE) is a participatory governance
committee that reports directly to President's Cabinet.
PIE is designed to advance the overall planning for the College.
Following the sustainable continuous quality improvement model, PIEC is responsible for assuring that the College's planning framework is consistent with accreditation standards; for guiding the annual assessment of progress on stated goals, objectives and priorities and recommending changes as indicated; and for assuring the integration of planning across the campus.
PIE may establish sub-committees to carry out specific purpose and objective of the committee. These sub-committees will report directly back to the PIE Committee.
PIEC CHARGE AND ONGOING RESPONSIBILITIES :
Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee (PIEC) is the organizing and oversight body for Mesa College’s institutional planning processes and has the following responsibilities:
- Monitor and support progress of campus wide initiatives, using data, to support a continued focus on equity and ensure alignment with ACCJC institution set standards and campus goals.
- Communicate and meaningfully engage the campus community in institutional effectiveness efforts, governance structure updates, and short- and long-term planning cycles.
- Support resource allocation processes that align with long- and short-term planning goals.
- Continuously evaluate the efficacy of current planning and assessment structures and engage in quality improvement to support the mission of the institution.
- Make recommendations to President’s Cabinet on policies and practices related to institutional planning and effectiveness, including governance processes and outcome assessment.
- Oversee the development and assessment of progress towards Mesa College’s long-term plan (Mesa2030) and strategic plan (Roadmap to Mesa2030)
- Periodically review the Mesa College Integrated Planning process and update the Integrated Planning and Governance Guide as needed.
Reports to: President's Cabinet (PCAB)
Meets: Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month, from 3:30pm to 5:00pm Via Zoom | View Agendas & Minutes
- Support the development of our ISER
- Provide feedback around the alignment of the Quality Focus Essay to the Roadmap and share it with the campus
- Coordinate the development of an integrated timeline to deploy Program Review and Outcome workspaces
- Updated Committee Inventory (Fall and Spring)
- Analyze governance survey results and make recommendations for Improvement
- Gap analysis of Strategic Objectives that aren’t being supported by Units goals
- Recommend an approved Climate Action Plan to President’s Cabinet
|John Crocitti||Academic Senate President (or designee)||email@example.com|
|Nathan Resch||Exercise Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Barbara Sexton||Arts & Languagesemail@example.com|
|Lisa Shapiro||Business & Technologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ian Duckles||Social/Behavioral SBSemail@example.com|
|Danica Moore||Math & Natural Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Holly Jagielinski*||Health Scienceemail@example.com|
|Valerie Pallares||Student Developmentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jill Moreno Ikari||Chairsemail@example.com|
|Paige Hu||Math & Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vacant||Classified Professional - Instruction||Vacant|
|Courtney Lee||Classified Professional- Student Servicesemail@example.com|
|Vacant||Classified Professional- Administrative||Vacant|
|Larry Maxey||Student Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lorenze Legaspi||Administrative Servicesemail@example.com|
|Ashanti Hands||College Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Toni Parsons||HSI Programemail@example.com|
|Andrew Hoffman||Faculty ( English)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Catherine Cannock||Admin Support IE email@example.com|
PIE Webpage Representative: Catherine Cannock