Committee on Outcomes and Assessment
The Committee on Outcomes and Assessment (COA) has, as its primary goal, to facilitate an equitable, accessible, and meaningful learning experience for all Mesa students. In order to achieve this purpose, COA will establish and maintain structures and standards for outcomes assessment, create a framework for authentic assessment of learning, support innovation and provide professional learning around outcomes assessment, promote a culture that integrates outcomes assessment results into the continuous quality improvement cycle, and ensure Institutional Learning Outcomes reflect Mesa’s Mission and curriculum.
COA Deliverables 2022-23
- Support the design of the Outcomes Assessment module in the Nuventive Platform.
- Develop a training plan and materials for Nuventive and support the transition of data to new software.
- Discuss and identify data visuals displayed in the planning and assessment processes.
- Develop a timeline for the new 4-year cycle with major milestones.
- Coordinate a system to support faculty and student services professionals to review, revise, or reaffirm all CLOs, PLO, SSOs, and ILOs.
- Review Department Outcomes Coordinator (DOC) responsibility and training.
- Expand professional learning and create tools for communities of practice.
- Develop a tool to assess our ILOs.
- Provide information on different types of learning assessments.
- Update Outcomes Handbook.
Reports to: Planning & Institutional Effectiveness (PIE)
Meets: COA meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month, 4:00pm-5:00pm via Zoom and MC211 A | View Agendas & Minutes
- Promote a practice of meaningful dialogue around learning outcomes development, assessment, and improvement college-wide.
- Provide a forum to generate learning outcomes and assessment ideas and practices while sharing progress and accomplishments.
- Incorporate learning outcomes assessment in Guided Pathways, Program Review, and Integrated Planning Processes.
- Support faculty and classified professionals to complete effective learning assessments aligned with our cycle timeline.
- Participate in ongoing professional learning around different types of learning assessments and provide leadership to the campus regarding best practices.
- Maintain the structural and technological components of the learning outcomes process.
|Hai Hoang||Dean of Institutional Effectivenessemail@example.com|
|Eliza Rabinovich||SLO Coordinator/Faculty Co-Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Leslie Shimazaki||Dean of Art and Languagesemail@example.com|
|Isabel O’Connor||Vice President - Instruction||Ioconnor@sdccd.edu|
|Larry Maxey||Vice President - Student Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ailene Crakes||Student Developmentemail@example.com|
|Andrew Hoffman||AS Pres Electfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Courtney Lee||Classified Senate President (or designee)||email@example.com|
|John Crocitti||Academic Senate President (or designee)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
School Representatives (not to exceed 3 Deans)
|Leslie Shimazaki||Arts and Languagesemail@example.com|
|Monica Romero||Business and Technologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nathan Resch||Exercise Scienceemail@example.com|
|Amanda Johnston||Health Sciences and Public Servicefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Janue Johnson||Learning Resources/ LOFTemail@example.com|
|Mark Manasse||Learning Resources/MT2Cfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alison Gurganus||Learning Resources/LIBRARYemail@example.com|
|Saloua Saidane||Math and Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VACANT||Social & Behavioral Sciences & Multicultural Studies|
|Anda McComb||Classified Professional-Office of Institutional Effectiveness|
|VACANT||Classified Professional- Instruction||VACANT|
|VACANT||Classified Professional - Admin Services||VACANT|
Associated Student Representative
|VACANT||Associated Student Representative|
|Ashanti Hands||College Presidentemail@example.com|
|Lorenze Legaspi||VP Admin Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sahar(Mona) King||Admin Support IE email@example.com|
COA Meeting Schedule 2023-2024
* COA Webpage Representative:Sahar King