Committee on Outcomes and Assessment
The Committee on Outcomes and Assessment (COA) has, as its primary goal, to facilitate an equitable, accessible, and meaningful learning experience for all Mesa students. In order to achieve this purpose, COA will establish and maintain structures and standards for outcomes assessment, create a framework for authentic assessment of learning, support innovation and provide professional learning around outcomes assessment, promote a culture that integrates outcomes assessment results into the continuous quality improvement cycle, and ensure Institutional Learning Outcomes reflect Mesa’s Mission and curriculum.
COA Deliverables 2021-22
- Develop a timeline for the new cycle with major milestones.
- Develop a framework for authentic assessment.
- Support the selection, piloting and development of a training plan for new software.
- Expand professional learning and create tools for communities of practice.
- Develop Outcomes Handbook
We are cancelling all in person committee meetings to keep with social distancing guidelines and the safety of staff. Thank you for your patience as we navigate this educational landscape.
Reports to: Planning & Institutional Effectiveness (PIE)
Meets: COA meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month, 3:45pm-5:00pm in Zoom Meeting ID: 945 6488 9831 | View Agendas & Minutes
- Promote a practice of meaningful dialogue around outcomes development and assessment college-wide.
- Engage the college in meaningful dialogue around the outcomes and assessment process.
- Provide a forum to generate outcomes and assessment ideas and practices while sharing progress and accomplishments.
- Incorporate outcomes assessment in Guided Pathways and the Integrated Planning Process.
- Support faculty and staff to complete the assessment of all outcomes by the end of the current cycle
|Bridget Herrin||Dean of Institutional Effectivenessfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Eliza Rabinovich||SLO Coordinator/Faculty Co-Chairemail@example.com|
|Isabel O’Connor||Vice President - Instruction||Ioconnor@sdccd.edu|
|Ailene Crakes||Vice President - Student Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ailene Crakes||Student Affairs/Student Developmentemail@example.com|
|Anda McComb||Institutional Effectivenessfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|John Crocitti||Academic Senate President (or designee)||email@example.com|
|Sahar (Mona) King||Classified Senate President (or designee)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
School Representatives (not to exceed 3 Deans)
|Leslie Shimazaki||Arts and Languagesemail@example.com|
|Monica Romero||Business and Technologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nathan Resch||Exercise Scienceemail@example.com|
|Amanda Johnston||Health Sciences and Public Servicefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Janue Johnson||Learning Resources/ LOFTemail@example.com|
|Mark Manasse||Learning Resources/MT2Cfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alison Gurganus||Learning Resources/LIBRARYemail@example.com|
|Saloua Saidane||Math and Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Inna Kanevsky||Social & Behavioral Sciences & Multicultural Studiesemail@example.com|
|VACANT||Classified Professional-Student Services||VACANT|
|VACANT||Classified Professional- Instruction||VACANT|
|VACANT||Classified Professional - Admin Services||VACANT|
Associated Student Representative
|Edward King||Associated Student Representative|
|Pamela Luster||College Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lorenze Legaspi||VP Admin Servicesemail@example.com|
|Mona King||Admin Support IE firstname.lastname@example.org|
* COA Webpage Representative: Anda McComb and Sahar King