Committee on Outcomes and Assessment
The Committee on Outcomes and Assessment (COA) has, as its primary goal, to facilitate an equitable, accessible, and meaningful learning experience for all Mesa students. In order to achieve this purpose, COA will establish and maintain structures and standards for outcomes assessment, create a framework for authentic assessment of learning, support innovation and provide professional learning around outcomes assessment, promote a culture that integrates outcomes assessment results into the continuous quality improvement cycle, and ensure Institutional Learning Outcomes reflect Mesa’s Mission and curriculum.
COA Deliverables 2023-24
- Support the design of the Outcomes Assessment module in the Nuventive Platform.
- Provide training and ongoing support.
- Update and maintain the Outcomes Handbook.
- Promote and provide support for COA’s work (clarify and support the responsibilities of DOC, facilitate and support the process for student services to assess SSOs, clarify the goals and the assessment cycle).
- Support departments and certificate/degree programs to identify gateway courses and assess CLOs in those gateway courses by June 30, 2024.
- Assist departments with the development of an assessment schedule for remaining courses to be assessed during years 3 and 4.
- Clarify and consolidate processes for CurricUNET Meta, Nuventive, Program Review, Outcomes to ensure a systematic, timely, accurate updates process.
- Discuss strategies to turn results into impactful activities (emphasizing both compliance and improvement/equity).
- Ongoing Responsibilities
Reports to: Planning & Institutional Effectiveness (PIE)
Meets: COA meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month, 4:00pm-5:00pm via Zoom | View Agendas & Minutes
- Promote a practice of meaningful dialogue around learning outcomes development, assessment, and improvement college-wide.
- Provide a forum to generate learning outcomes and assessment ideas and practices while sharing progress and accomplishments.
- Incorporate learning outcomes assessment in Guided Pathways, Program Review, and Integrated Planning Processes.
- Support faculty and classified professionals to complete effective learning assessments aligned with our cycle timeline.
- Participate in ongoing professional learning around different types of learning assessments and provide leadership to the campus regarding best practices.
- Maintain the structural and technological components of the learning outcomes process.
|Dean of Institutional Effectiveness
|SLO Coordinator/Faculty Co-Chair
|Vice President - Instruction
|Vice President - Student Services
|Sahar Mona King
|Classified Senate President (or designee)
|Academic Senate President (or designee)
School Representatives (not to exceed 3 Deans)
|Arts and Languages
|Business and Technology
|Health Sciences and Public Service
|Learning Resources/ LOFT
|Math and Science
|Social & Behavioral Sciences & Multicultural Studies
|Classified Professional- Admin Services
|Classified Professional- Instruction
|Classified Professional - Student Services
Associated Student Representative
|Associated Student Representative
|VP Admin Services
|Sahar Mona King
|Admin Support IE office
* COA Webpage Representative:Sahar Mona King