Students in Web Design enjoy a practical hands-on approach to creating web sites using current technologies and web standards. This rigorous program trains students to create a front-end web site, which includes database integration. Upon completion of the program, students are equipped with the skills required for entry-level employment at web site design companies and large businesses and for the creation and management of web sites for small to medium size businesses.
The Web Design program serves students entering fields that need Web Design skills and knowledge and working professionals The Web Design program serves students entering fields that need Web Design skills and knowledge and working professionals who need to learn new skills for their current job or for career advancement. The program prepares students to design and create Web sites, including integrating databases and content management systems, creating multimedia elements, and editing content to follow writing for the Web guidelines. Students acquire a solid foundation in usability, accessibility, and design principles, as well as technical skills at hand coding HTML, CSS, basic PHP and MySQL. Students use industry standard software and practices to prepare for entry level careers.
- Technological Awareness: To provide students with the theoretical knowledge, applicable standards-based technical and coding skills, and attitude necessary to function as an entry-level Web designer.
- Communication: To impart to students the use of current practices and standards of Web informational design: writing for the Web, design principles, Web site architecture, Web site usability, and Web accessibility.
- Personal Actions and Civic Responsibility: To prepare student for the demands and responsibilities in the work environment, students will create projects on their own, or in teams, with each student assuming responsibility for the production process.
- Global Awareness: To educate students to practice respect for copyright laws and regulations for content on the Web site.
- Life Mastery Skills: To inculcate in students the practice of life-long learning and professional growth.