The Cal Grant program is managed by the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) to help California resident middle and low income students to attend college. Students at a California Community College may receive Cal Grant B or C.
- To be eligible for Cal Grant B upon entering college a student must not have completed more than one
full-time semester or 16 semester units of part-time college work before becoming a full-time college student and must have his/her GPA verified by his/her high school counselor.
- Once a student has been in college for 24 or more semester units, he/she must have a 2.0 GPA to remain eligible for Cal Grant B
- Cal Grant C is designed for students enrolled in a vocational program
- To qualify for the Cal Grant a student must submit his / her completed FAFSA and have his/her GPA verified by March 2nd each year.
You can visit the California Student Aid Commission websites (www.calgrants.org and www.csac.ca.gov/) for more detailed information on the Cal Grant Program. If you have been awarded a Cal Grant, you can access your Cal Grant record at https://mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov/logon.asp.
* * * NEW * * *
The California Student Aid Commission (that overseas the Cal Grant Program statwide) has developed new digital content.
The new digital communication tools are:
- The Commission’s FASFA Text back campaign with Get Schooled: Text the word “FAFSA” to 335577 to get basic FAFSA questions answered.
- The Commission’s Mobile App located on the California Mobile Gallery: To access the mobile gallery, visit: https://www.mobilegallery.ca.gov click on Student Aid Commission and download the mobile Cash for College Workshop locator. Click on “set my location” to allow the GPS to locate the nearest Cash for College Workshops. You can also access it through the Commission’s homepage.
- The Commission’s Fund Your Future is now a digital magazine. You may view, download and/or share the digital magazine, including the Fund Your Future App. Visit www.fundyourfuture.org or click through from the www.csac.ca.gov home page. You may order hard copies of the Fund Your Future Magazine using the Commission’s e-pubs online ordering system.