Library check-out privileges are extended to students who are enrolled in San Diego Community College credit classes and who have a current semester student ID card. All fines and holds must be cleared before library materials may be checked out.
(maximum of 10 books per student)
|Course Reserves||Two-hour loan for most materials
(some items may be checked out overnight or longer)
|Periodicals||For use within the Learning Resource Center only
(copy machines available)
|Videos||Faculty may check out videos for in-class use.
(one-week loan period, no more than 5 videos per instructor)
Students may view videos in the LRC's fourth-floor Audiovisual Services facilities.
|Compact discs||Students and faculty may check out CDs just as they do books, for a period of two weeks.|
- One renewal is allowed per book.
- Renewals may be made in person, by telephone (619 388-2696), or online. For online renewals:
1. Go to the library website.
2. Click on the "Library Catalog" button.
3. Click on "My Library Account" and log in.
4. Click on "Items Checked Out."
5. Select the books you wish to renew and click on the "Renew" button. Click here to renew your books now.
- Each book may be renewed once.
- Overdue books may not be renewed.
- Reserve materials may not be renewed.
- Books with a "hold" may not be renewed.
If you would like a Mesa book that is checked out, you can arrange to get the book when it is returned. We will notify you when the book is in. Ask for a form at the Reference Desk.
Charges for a lost or damaged book include the cost of the book plus a non-refundable $7.00 processing fee.
For circulating materials, a minimum late charge of $2.00 per item is assessed plus $.25 per day.
Fines for Reserve Materials
- A $2.00 service fee plus $.50 per day shall be assessed for failure to return overnight or 3-day reserve materials on the posted due date.
- 2-hour reserve materials (Library Use Only) returned after the time due accrue late charges at a rate of $.35 per hour or portion of an hour. There is no grace period.
- For the unauthorized removal of non-print media reserves (e.g. videos, DVDs), a fine of $10 per day will be assessed up to the replacement cost of the item.
Unpaid Fines/Student Record Freeze
An administrative hold will be placed on a student's college record when they accrue any charges/fines for overdue books and/or lost material. A student's circulation privileges may be suspended for outstanding fines. If fines are not paid, the student may not be able to register for classes, request transcripts, obtain grades, etc. A hold will be removed once all Library materials are returned and/or fines paid.
If you are out of state and owe a library fine, please call the Accounting Office at 619 388-2704 to make arrangements to process payment.
The book drop is located near the LRC's main entrance and is open for the return of books when the building is closed.
Lost Student ID Card
It is the student's responsibility to notify us in the event his/her student ID card is lost or stolen. Otherwise the student will be held accountable for the use of the card.