"Annual Department Conferences
2015 - Challenges in the Community College Foreign Language Classroom.
- Click here for the Program
- 8:30 - 9:00: breakfast and registration in front of the "G" building
- 9:00 - 9:45: Guest speaker, Morgan Appel, UCSD, in room G 101: "Foundations of Andragogy and Adult Learning for Community College Faculty"
- 10:00 - 11:45: there will be four workshops occurring concurrently. Choose one to attend. All workshops are in the Language Center, 2nd floor of the library. Room numbers are in the attached program.
11:45 - 12:30: all attendees return to room G 101 for a panel discussion regarding the workshops and any issues of relevance to teaching in the foreign language classroom.
12:30 - 1:30: lunch and refreshments
SPEAKERS AND WORKSHOPS:
- "Exploring Motivation in Bilingualism." Dr. John H. Schumann, Applied Linguistics, UCLA
- "Will Technology Improve the Motivation of Language Learners?" Prof. Kristi Reyes M.A., TESOL, MiraCosta
- "How Languages Determine a Language Learner's Identity & Motivation." Prof. Vangie Akridge, M.A., Doctoral candidate, licensed educational psychologist, SDUHSD
2012 - The Human Brain and Language Learning
2011 - Best Practices: Speaking Dynamics
2010 - Service Learning
2009 - Culture in the Language Classroom
2008 - Technology in Language Learning
2006 - Innovative Models of Global Curriculum Development
2005 - International Education
2004 - Living Languages
2003 - Language Links: Learning Across the Curriculum