Workshops & Events
Transfer Center Events: Save the date(s)!
- November Transfer Workshops & Events Schedule
- SDEC Tabling Event 2/5/20 (tentative)
- Transfer Options Fair 4/22/20
- Transfer Recognition Luncheon 5/7/2020
Transfer application fee waiver info
Non-EOPS students who have limited financial resources may use the NACAC Request for Admission Application Fee Waiver form when applying for college. The purpose of this form is to ensure equitable postsecondary access and thus is intended for first-time undergraduate applicants who meet one or more of the economic need criteria identified on the form. Please visit NACAC application fee waiver page for more information.
- Applying to University of California (UC): Through the UC online application process, nearly all EOPS students are automatically granted fee waivers at up to four (4) UC campuses to which they are applying. The UC admission application
fee is $70 per application to each campus.
Any EOPS student who does not automatically receive the fee waiver should contact EOPS Office immediately. Note that the EOPS office will be closed from Monday, November 25 to Friday, November 29. Students will have to complete and submit the “Authorization for Waiver of 2020-21 Admission Application Fees” paper form, this can take up to 3-5 days to process. The fee waiver form should be completed only by students who do not receive the automatic fee waiver through the online UC application process.
- Applying to California State University (CSU): The Cal State Apply online application allows EOPS students to identify their EOPS status and the community college at which they are enrolled. By answering affirmative to the EOPS question, Cal State Apply will show applicants they have been “granted” an application fee waiver at up to four (4) CSU campuses to which they are applying at the time of application submission once they have completed their application. The CSU admission application fee is $70 per application to each campus.
- Applying to Private or Out of State Universities: EOPS students must contact the private and/or out of state university undergraduate admissions office first and request an application fee waiver. If needed, contact the Mesa College EOPS office to request an EOPS Letter of Support.
Upcoming Transfer Workshops
All workshops are held in the Transfer Center, room I4-306 (3rd floor of I-400 building).
Space is limited for all workshops. Call, visit or sign-up online with the Transfer Center to reserve your spot in a workshop! To sign-up online just click on the workshop you want to attend using the Mesa Calendar and RSVP for the workshop via the calendar posting.
uc Application workshop by ucsd representative:
This workshop will cover the basics of filling out the University of California Transfer Admission application and answer any questions you might have regarding the application and admission process. The applications for Fall 2020 admission/transfer are open now but you can only submit it during the month of November, November 1st to November 30th.
- Tuesday, November 5, from: 1:30 – 2:30 pm, BT 107
- Thursday, November 21, from 2:00 - 3:00 pm, BT 107
- Link to UC Application
- UC Santa Barbara UC Application Help Drop-In Chat (Students register here)
Tuesday, November 19 from 8-10am and noon-2pm PST
- UC Santa Barbara UC Application Webinars (Students register here)
November 18-25, various times
CSU Application session:
Sign up for a CSU Application Session to get help with your application. CSU Application session covers the basics of filling out the CSU application and answers any questions you might have regarding application and admission process. CSU Application sessions take place in Testing Center, I4-201 (located on the second floor of the Student Services Building). If you are applying for Fall 2020 admission/transfer, you must submit your application between October 1-November 30, 2019.
- In order to maximize your time and successfully complete the CSU application, you will need to bring printed copies of your transcripts with you on the day of the workshop. The workshops will be in the Testing Center (I4-201) and there will be no printing services. You may print your transcripts at Transfer Center before the workshop.
- You need to have started your application and started to fill out the demographic portion of the application.
- Link to CSU application
- Link to application guide
- Cal State Apply application tutorial video (step-by-step) click here:
List of CSU Application Sessions:
- Thursday, November 7, 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Thursday, November 7, 2:30 – 4:30 pm
- Friday, November 8,11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Tuesday, November 12, 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Tuesday, November 12, 2:30 – 4:30 pm
- Wednesday, November 13, 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Wednesday, November 13, 2:30 – 4:30 pm
- Thursday, November 14, 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Thursday, November 14, 2:30 – 4:30 pm
- Friday, November 15, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Monday, November 18, 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Monday, November 18, 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 19, 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Tuesday, November 19, 2:30 – 4:30 pm
- Wednesday, November 20, 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Wednesday, November 20, 2:30 – 4:30 pm
- Thursday, November 21, 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Thursday, November 21, 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 22, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Monday, November 25, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm,Open Lab
- Tuesday, November 26, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm,Open Lab
- Wednesday, November 27, 8:30am – 5:00pm,Open Lab
University Representative one-on-one appointments
A university representative from the following universities will be on campus meeting with students one-on-one to answer questions about their university and admissions to their university. Appointment required. Call or visit the Transfer Center to schedule your appointment.
Grand canyon University appointments:
- Thursday,November 14, from: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Thursday, November 14, from: 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Wednesday, November 13, from: 12:00 – 3:00 pm
- Thursday, November 21, from: 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
University Representative workshops
A university representative from the following universities will be on campus presenting a workshop to talk about the admissions requirements and deadlines to their university. Call, visit or sign-up online with the Transfer Center to reserve your spot in a workshop! To sign-up online just click on the workshop you want to attend using the Mesa Calendar and RSVP for the workshop via the calendar posting.
UCSd UC application Workshop
University Representative Campus visits
A representative from the following universities will be tabling in the Mesa Commons area, in front of the bookstore. Come ask questions and learn about their transfer opportunities.
Grand canyon University Tabling Visit:
- Thursday,November 21, from: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Thursday, December 5, from: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm