ATTENTION TO ALL STUDENTS:
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, campus is closed to students until further notice and services are limited. Departments will be assisting students remotely. For more information and updates, please visit the SDCCD Coronavirus news center here: https://www.sdccd.edu/coronavirus/index.aspx
HOW TO CONTACT US:
For assistance, our phone/email hours will be Monday - Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Google voice: 619-800-3269. Please be ready with your Mesa College ID number so we can better assist you. Email: email@example.com
For questions after hours of operation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 3-5 business days. Please do not forget to include your Mesa College ID number in the email, so we can better assist you.
Use this link for more information regarding online services at SD Mesa College:
Student Services Online Resources
Workshops & Events
CSU-UC Application Open Lab
Fall 2021 Virtual Transfer Application workshop. This is open lab style. Transfer counselors and staff will be available to answer general application questions. You may register by clicking on the desire date. These sessions will focus primarily on the CSU Application and will cover the basics of filling out the CSU application as well as answering questions regarding application and admission process. If you are applying for Fall 2020 admission/transfer, you must submit your application between October 1-December 4, 2020. The UC application is due November 30, 2020. UC applicants are welcome.
In order to maximize your time and successfully complete the CSU application you will need to be prepared. Please complete this helpful screening tool prior to attending the virtual lab. Also you will need to have access to printed copies of your transcripts on the day of the workshop. Applicants should create an account, save password and fill out the demographic portion of the application prior to attending the virtual lab.
- Monday, November 23rd, 2:30 - 4:30 pm
- Tuesday, November 24th, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 25th, 9:00 - 11:00 am
- Wednesday, November 25th, 2:00 - 4:00 pm
- Monday, November 30th, 3:00 - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 1sth, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Thursday, December 3rd, 12:00 - 2:00 pm
- Friday, December 4th, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
CSU APPLICATION ASSISTANCE
- Please complete this application planning tool BEFORE you sign up to the CSU application Workshop. Your organization and pre-planning will assist us with a smooth CSU Application process. This will be your confirmation to move on to the virtual CSU application workshop
- CSU Application Guide PowerPoint: Cal State Apply application important information & key updates only presentation
- CSU Application Guide
- CSU Application
- CSU Application FAQs
- For the Fall 2021 application term: Cal State Apply application tutorial Youtube video (step-by-step) click here
- CSU Application Fee Waiver, If financial circumstances have changed for 2020, applicants will need to contact the CSU campus directly to request a fee waiver. Campuses may use a Fee Waiver Appeal form or some other method to receive requests. If approved, a coupon code that covers the cost of the application is provided by the campus. Applicants should complete (not submit) the application in full as soon as possible to confirm they are not eligible for the fee waiver based on 2019 income information and then contact the campus(es) to request a fee waiver appeal. Some campuses have students work with the financial aid office for this but the process at each campus may vary. Applicants may contact the campus admission office via the general email found here.
- CSU Campuses Contact Info
Click here for our Fall 2020 CSU Transfer Events Flyer
UC APPLICATION ASSISTANCE
- UC San Diego Transfer Application Video
- UC Santa Barbara UC Application Overview: 10 Steps Tutorial
- UC Transfer Application
- UC Transfer Application Planner( TAP)
- UC Personal Insight Question Video Guide
- UC Application Guide
- UC TAG Matrix
- UC TAG Workshop PowerPoint
- Click here for our Fall 2020 Transfer Events Flyer
- UC Application Fee Waiver, If students do not qualify for a fee waiver based on 2019 income, the student should select the ‘pay by mail’ option, submit the application, and then email the UC Application Center (email@example.com) asking for a fee waiver based on 2020 income. These requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, but the student must submit the application first before requesting the fee waiver. There is no fee to waive if the student hasn’t actually submitted the application yet. (Ask UC, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please note that onnce the application has been submitted students cannot make any edits to content. They can make changes to their contact information and in January they will submit their Fall grades and make any changes to what they had initially planed for Spring. They cannot make any changes to PIQs, activities, courses for prior terms (before FA20) or add any other academic history. If they discover an error, they can add a comment in the TAU in January.
Common Application ASsistance
- Common application guide
- Common application link
- Common App Transfer Login You can go directly to the transfer login page however I would recommend that you check out the main page first using the Common application link
- Common App Help Center, YOU WILL FIND: starting your common app for transfer, filling out your Common App for transfer, sending your official transcripts to the common app for transfer, submitting and monitoring your common app for transfer
- Instructions for the Transfer College Report for the Common Application: Student Affairs has created a simple process for the student to follow. It can be found here
Academic Renewal for Transfer Workshop
A virtual session and PowerPoint that covers the process of different types of academic renewals and how they may be used in transfer process.
- Academic Renewal for Transfer PowerPoint Please use the power point if you need to take note as you watch the power point
- Academic Renewal for Transfer Workshop ( Youtube Video)
5 Steps to Transfer and Career Workshop
If you are planning to transfer to a four year university, and if you want to make sure the major that you picked and the school that you plan to apply to is the best fit for you, this is a great workshop for you. This recording will give you some insight about transferring and picking a major.
CSU ADT Workshop
A virtual session and PowerPoint that covers requirements for the CSU ADT program and information on how you can best prepare yourself. In addition, you will obtain information on creating an educational plan for transfer.
- CSU ADT PowerPoint Please use the power point if you need to take note as you watch the power point
- CSU ADT Workshop (Youtube Video)
SDSU Transfer Pathways Workshop
This workshop covers admissions requirements to SDSU and information on how you can best prepare yourself. Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG), Associate Degree with a Guarantee (ADT), as well as, admissions requirements, processes, and deadlines will be discussed.
- SDSU Transfer Pathways PowerPoint Please use the power point if you need to take note as you watch the power point
- SDSU Transfer Pathways Workshop (Youtube Video)
UC TAG Workshop
A virtual session and PowerPoint that covers requirements for the UC TAG program and information on how you can best prepare yourself. In addition, you will obtain information on creating an educational plan for transfer.
- UC TAG PowerPoint Please use the power point if you need to take note as you watch the power point
- UC TAG Workshop (Youtube Video)
UC San Diego University Link Workshop
A virtual session and PowerPoint that covers requirements for for the UC San Diego University Link. A Guaranteed admission program between local San Diego Community Colleges and UC San Diego.
- UC San Diego University Link PowerPoint Please use the power point if you need to take note as you watch the power point
- UC San Diego University Link (Youtube Video)
UCSD Transfer Pathways Workshop
A virtual session and PowerPoint that covers admissions requirements to UCSD and information on how you can best prepare yourself. Admission requirements, processes, and deadlines will be discussed.
- UCSD Transfer Pathways PowerPoint Please use the power point if you need to take note as you watch the power point
- UCSD Transfer Pathways Workshop(Youtube Video)
Appeal Information for denied transfer admission
Have you been denied admission to your desired transfer institution for Fall 2020? Check back regularly for more resources and tips on how to appeal your admission decision.