- Tuesday, November 5, 2019 ♦ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm ♦ Student services building (I-400)
On Tuesday, November 5th, 2019, you will have the opportunity to discuss transfer planning and articulation with more than 20-30 California State University (CSU), University of California (UC), Independent/Private or Out-of-State Colleges and Universities. The college representatives provide information with regard to the application process, financial aid, and scholarships that are available. Most of the colleges participating have transfer agreements in place with Mesa.
Download our the TCE Event App
The Transfer, Career, Evaluations Center has an new event app. Want to keep track of TCE events, and participating schools? Download the app:
If you are a University Representative interested in participating in the Mesa Transfer Night, please register trhough this website. The deadline to register is Thursday, October 31st, at 11:30 pm.
Check back regularly for an updated list of universities.
- Alliant International University
- Azusa Pacific University
- Brandman University
- California State University, San Marcos
- Columbia College, San Diego
- Design Institute of San Diego
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising)
- National University
- NewSchool of Architecture and Design
- Palo Alto University
- PATH Program/SDCCD
- Point Loma Nazarene University
- Saint Leo University
- San Diego Christian College
- San Diego State University
- University of California, Irvine
- University of California, San Diego
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- University of Saint Katherine
- Woodbury University
Questions to Ask on Transfer Night
- What is the benefit of attending this university compared to others?
- What is the average class size?
- What is the student/faculty ratio?
- What is the typical length of class?
- Do you operate on a quarter system or semester system?
- What kind of academic support services do you have?
- What kind of opportunities do you have for student involvement?
- What is the average length of time for transfer students to obtain their bachelor’s degree?
- Do you have graduate programs? Do undergraduates from this university receive preference for admission to graduate programs?
- Please give me a timeline of the application process once you receive my application.
- What are additional graduation requirements?
- Are there entrance exams or exit exams required? If so, what are they?
- How soon after I turn in my FAFSA can I expect to hear about my financial aid package?
- How accessible are the Financial Aid Officers?
- What other sources of financial aid would you recommend?
- What are the benefits of student loans? What is the difference between subsidized and unsubsidized loans?
- How does the Work-study program work on your campus?
- What kinds of career services are offered?
- Do you offer shadowing/internship/job placement?
- Do you provide alumni with job placement assistance as well?
- Do you offer assistance with interview skills and résumé writing?
- How often do you have a Career Fair on campus?
Student Support Services
- What kind of support services do you offer?
- What qualifications are necessary to qualify for the services?
- What is the application process for the support programs?
- When will I be notified?
- Do you offer a mentoring program on campus?
Specific Major Departments (Speak to department chair or department professor)
- How many students are in this major? Do you have a limit?
- What kind of places are graduates from your department finding employment?
- How soon after graduation are the graduates finding employment?
- I would like to speak to a current student and a graduate to find out about the program from a student’s perspective. Please provide me with contacts.
- Do you offer opportunities for internships and/or research with professors?
- Do you offer assistance with job placement?