Transfer Day 2019
Join us ♦ October 10th, 2019♦ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
On Thursday, October 10, 2019 you will have the opportunity to discuss transfer planning and articulation with more than 40 California State Universities (CSU), Universities of California (UC), Independent/Private Colleges/Universities and Out-of-State Colleges/Universities. The college representatives provide information with regard to the application process, financial aid, programs and scholarships that are available. Most of the colleges participating have transfer agreements with Mesa College.
Download our the TCE Events App
The Transfer, Career, Evaluations Center has an new event app. Want to keep track of TCE events, and participating schools? Download the app:
Transfer Day Workshops & Appointments
CSUSM/Extnded Learning Appointments:
- Thursday, October 10, from: 1:30 am – 4:00 pm
Thursday, October 10, from: 1:30 – 3:00 pm
UCLA Tap Workshop
- Thursday, October 10, from: 2:00 – 3:00 pm, No registeration needed, room D103.
- Thursday, October 10: from 1:00 - 2:00 pm, room I4-213
- Thursday, October 10, from: 8:30 am – 9:30 am
- Thursday, October 10, from: 1:15 pm – 3:00 pm
- Thursday, October 10, from: 1:30 – 3:00 pm
Sample Questions to Ask on Transfer Day
- What is the benefit of attending this university compared to others?
- What is the average class size?
- What is the student/faculty ratio?
- What is the typical length of class?
- Do you operate on a quarter system or semester system?
- What kind of academic support services do you have?
- What kind of opportunities do you have for student involvement?
- What is the average length of time for transfer students to obtain their bachelor’s degree?
- Do you have graduate programs? Do undergraduates from this university receive preference for admission to graduate programs?
- Please give me a timeline of the application process once you receive my application.
- What are additional graduation requirements?
- Are there entrance exams or exit exams required? If so, what are they?
- How soon after I turn in my FAFSA can I expect to hear about my financial aid package?
- How accessible are the Financial Aid Officers?
- What other sources of financial aid would you recommend?
- What are the benefits of student loans? What is the difference between subsidized and unsubsidized loans?
- How does the Work-study program work on your campus?
- What kinds of career services are offered?
- Do you offer shadowing/internship/job placement?
- Do you provide alumni with job placement assistance as well?
- Do you offer assistance with interview skills and résumé writing?
- How often do you have a Career Fair on campus?
Student Support Services
- What kind of support services do you offer?
- What qualifications are necessary to qualify for the services?
- What is the application process for the support programs?
- When will I be notified?
- Do you offer a mentoring program on campus?
Specific Major Departments (Speak to department chair or department professor)
- How many students are in this major? Do you have a limit?
- What kind of places are graduates from your department finding employment?
- How soon after graduation are the graduates finding employment?
- I would like to speak to a current student and a graduate to find out about the program from a student’s perspective. Please provide me with contacts.
- Do you offer opportunities for internships and/or research with professors?
- Do you offer assistance with job placement?