Transfer Center Contact Info
Location: Room I4-306
Hours: Monday - Thursday, 8:00am - 6:00pm Friday, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Transfer Center Coordinator
Student Services Technician
Senior Student Service Assistant
Location:I4-306 (3rd floor of the Student Services Building)
Hours: Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. & Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
CLOSED on wednesday july 4, 2018
- Sign up for text messages from the Transfer Center for special events and information.
- Facebook (San Diego Mesa Transfer Career Evaluations)
- Instagram (@SDMesaTCE)
- Twitter (@SDMesaTCE)
♦ Upcoming Transfer Events
- TRANSFER DAY: Tuesday, October 2 from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm @ Mesa Commons
- TRANSFER NIGHT: Tuesday, November 6 from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
♦ Admission Denials
Did you apply to a university and get denied admissions? You may be able to appeal the university's decision by submitting an appeal. Visit the transfer center for assistance on the appeal process.
♦ Associate Degrees for Transfer E-Verifications
Did you apply to a Cal State University (CSU) and now you need to verify that you will receive your Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT, AA-T, AS-T) by the end of Spring 2018? If the following requirements are met we will automatically electronically verify that you will receive your ADT by Spring 2018:
- Ed Plan: You met with a counselor to create an educational plan for an ADT.
- Petition for Graduation: You submitted your Petition for Graduation for an ADT by February 15, 2018.
- Will Complete Degree: You will or have completed your degree requirements for an ADT by the end of Spring 2018 (i.e. a Spring 2018 graduate or earlier)
- Indicated on CSU Application: In your CSU Admission Application you selected "Transferring with an Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T, AS-T) from a California Community College" on the Extended Profile page and indicated you were getting a this degree from either Mesa, City or Miramar.
E-Verifications will start after February 15, 2018. If all the requirements above are met, there is nothing you will need to do to have us E-Verify your ADT. If any of the requirements listed above are not met or if you have questions about E-Verification, please contact the Evaluations Office.
GRADUATING IN SUMMER 2018 OR LATER?
If you are graduating in Summer 2018 or later, we will still automatically submit an e-verification if you satisfy requirements 1,3, and 4 above. However, the verification will state that you are graduating after Spring 2018. Please note, graduating in Summer 2018 or later may affect your admissions to a CSU for Fall 2018. Check with the CSU you applied for to see how this will impact your admissions.
NOT GETTING AN ADT DEGREE?
E-Verification is only required for students that are receiving an Associate Degree for Transfer. If you are unsure of whether you are getting an ADT degree click here to learn more or speak with a counselor.
Attention! SDSU Fall 2018 Applicants
If you applied to SDSU for Fall 2018 and you applied to one of the 34 SDSU Approved AA-T/AS-T majors but you neglected to indicate on the “Extended Profile” section of the application that you were transferring with an AA-T/AS-T you can submit a paper “Verification of Intent to Earn Associate of Arts/Science Degree-Transfer form”. If this applies to you, you must mail the completed form to SDSU’s Office of Admission (address below). A strict deadline of received in office by March 15, 2018 will be enforced. If however, you meet all 4 requirements listed above , you will not need to send the hard copy form, we will e-verify your degree status.Office of Admissions San Diego State University 5500 Campanile Dr. San Diego, CA 92182-7455
Transfer Center Mission
The San Diego Mesa College Transfer Center is the focal point of transfer activities and up-to-date information for our diverse college community. We provide resources and support to empower students to become experts of their transfer educational goals and transition to a four year institution.
Transfer Services we offer you:
The Transfer Center assists students transferring to four-year colleges and universities from Mesa College. We offer a variety of resources and services for your individual transfer needs:
- Transfer Planning Workshops
- Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) Programs
- Articulation and Transfer Agreements/Requirements with 4-Year Universities
- Walk-in Transfer Assistance
- Appointments, Visits, and Workshops with University Representatives
- Transfer Application Assistance
- University Brochures and Handouts
- University Bus Trips
- Transfer Counseling Drop-Ins
- Comprehensive Transfer Education Plans: See below for more information.
Appointments for transfer advising are available throughout the semester. Students are required to meet the following criteria prior to scheduling a transfer counseling appointment. Please see below:
- Must have attended a transfer workshop OR have seen a Transfer Center counselor on a drop-in.
- Completed the Math and English assessments OR an English and Math class.
- Official transcripts of all colleges (outside SDCCD) attended on file.
- Official transcripts must be evaluated for course equivalency.