The San Diego Education Consortium (San Diego Private Schools) is participating in two Virtual Transfer Fairs. During the Virtual Transfer Fair you can chat with admissions representatives about majors, admission requirements, financial aid, scholarships and other transfer opportunities.
These schools provide great options for transfer students who do not want to or cannot relocate and still want a quality degree and educational experience in some of the most impacted majors (Eg. Business and Psychology). Oftentimes these schools offer deeply discounted fees for adult degree completion programs which makes them very affordable.
- SDEC Virtual College Fair, Thursday, October 22nd, 12:00 to 4:00 pm, register here
- SDEC Virtual College Fair, Saturday, October 24th,10 am to 12:00 pm, register here
Sample Questions to ask University Reps:
General Admission Questions
- What is the benefit of attending this university compared to others?
- What is the average class size?
- What is the student/faculty ratio?
- What is the typical length of class?
- Do you operate on a quarter system or semester system?
- What kind of academic support services do you have?
- What kind of opportunities do you have for student involvement?
- What is the average length of time for transfer students to obtain their bachelor’s degree?
- Do you have graduate programs? Do undergraduates from this university receive preference for admission to graduate programs?
- Please give me a timeline of the application process once you receive my application.
- What are additional graduation requirements?
- Are there entrance exams or exit exams required? If so, what are they?
Financial Aid Questions
- How soon after I turn in my FAFSA can I expect to hear about my financial aid package?
- How accessible are the Financial Aid Officers?
- What other sources of financial aid would you recommend?
- What are the benefits of student loans? What is the difference between subsidized and unsubsidized loans?
- How does the Work-study program work on your campus?
Career Services Questions
- What kinds of career services are offered?
- Do you offer shadowing/internship/job placement?
- Do you provide alumni with job placement assistance as well?
- Do you offer assistance with interview skills and résumé writing?
- How often do you have a Career Fair on campus?
Student Support Services Questions
- What kind of support services do you offer?
- What qualifications are necessary to qualify for the services?
- What is the application process for the support programs?
- When will I be notified?
- Do you offer a mentoring program on campus?
Specific Major Departments (Speak to department chair or department professor)
- How many students are in this major? Do you have a limit?
- What kind of places are graduates from your department finding employment?
- How soon after graduation are the graduates finding employment?
- I would like to speak to a current student and a graduate to find out about the program from a student’s perspective. Please provide me with contacts.
- Do you offer opportunities for internships and/or research with professors?
- Do you offer assistance with job placement?