Transfer Options Fair
April 24, 2018 ♦ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm ♦ SUnrise Plaza
On Tuesday, April 24, 2018 you will have the opportunity to discuss transfer planning and articulation with Independent/Private or Out-of-State Colleges and Universities. The college representatives provide information with regard to the admissions (including on the spot admissions), financial aid, and scholarships that are available.
list of attending Universities:
- Academy of Arts University
- Alliant International University
- Argosy University
- Art Institute of California - San Diego
- Brandman University
- Chapman University
- CSU San Marcos Extended Studies
- DeVry University
- Embry-Riddle University
- Grand Canyon University
- Historical Black Colleges & Universities Assoc.
- National University
- New School of Architecture
- Point Loma Nazarene University
- San Diego Christian College
- Union Institute & University
- United State University
- University of Redlands
- University of Saint Katherine
- Woodbury University
Sample Questions to ask University Reps:
General Admission Questions
- What is the benefit of attending this university compared to others?
- What is the average class size?
- What is the student/faculty ratio?
- What is the typical length of class?
- Do you operate on a quarter system or semester system?
- What kind of academic support services do you have?
- What kind of opportunities do you have for student involvement?
- What is the average length of time for transfer students to obtain their bachelor’s degree?
- Do you have graduate programs? Do undergraduates from this university receive preference for admission to graduate programs?
- Please give me a timeline of the application process once you receive my application.
- What are additional graduation requirements?
- Are there entrance exams or exit exams required? If so, what are they?
Financial Aid Questions
- How soon after I turn in my FAFSA can I expect to hear about my financial aid package?
- How accessible are the Financial Aid Officers?
- What other sources of financial aid would you recommend?
- What are the benefits of student loans? What is the difference between subsidized and unsubsidized loans?
- How does the Work-study program work on your campus?
Career Services Questions
- What kinds of career services are offered?
- Do you offer shadowing/internship/job placement?
- Do you provide alumni with job placement assistance as well?
- Do you offer assistance with interview skills and résumé writing?
- How often do you have a Career Fair on campus?
Student Support Services Questions
- What kind of support services do you offer?
- What qualifications are necessary to qualify for the services?
- What is the application process for the support programs?
- When will I be notified?
- Do you offer a mentoring program on campus?
Specific Major Departments (Speak to department chair or department professor)
- How many students are in this major? Do you have a limit?
- What kind of places are graduates from your department finding employment?
- How soon after graduation are the graduates finding employment?
- I would like to speak to a current student and a graduate to find out about the program from a student’s perspective. Please provide me with contacts.
- Do you offer opportunities for internships and/or research with professors?
- Do you offer assistance with job placement?