This program has been made possible thanks to a four-year USDA-NIFA HSI grant.
- To add your name to the "SEEDS Interest List," CLICK HERE.
-- SUSTAINABILITY WEEK --
SAVE THE DATE: OCT. 20-23, 2015
Congratulations to our 2015-2016 Mesa SEEDS Scholars Awardees:
The “SEEDS” Scholars Program ( S TEM E ngagement for the E nrichment of D iverse S tudents) is designed to increase the number of Hispanic students pursuing future graduate degrees by providing a firm foundation of advanced knowledge and skills in STEM-related fields (science, technology, engineering, math), beginning in the first two years of college.
The SEEDS Program will maximize awareness of ag-related themes such as global food security, hunger, and sustainability, and will mentor underrepresented STEM students in these areas who will serve as a driving force in our community.
Scholarship - Diversity - Leadership - Inclusivity
- Increase the number of underrepresented STEM students graduating with an AA
- Award 20 SEEDS Scholarships to students who are interested in learning about USDA-NIFA Priority Themes: sustainability, global food security, and hunger
- Work with colleagues across disciplines to weave USDA-NIFA themes into the curriculum
- Create a transfer bridge between partner high schools, SDMC, SDSU, UCSD
- Build partnerships with community businesses, nonprofits, and federal government agencies
- Organize unique campus-wide events and experiential learning opportunities (e.g., Sustainability Summit & SEEDS Days) that involve students at Mesa College and our local high schools each semester