mesa integration efforts
student success & support program (SSSp)
student equity (SE)
Basic Skills Initiative (BSI)
Welcome to San Diego Mesa College's Student Success & Support Program website!
The California Community College Chancellor’s Office has been undergoing an effort to integrate the Basic Skills Initiative, Student Equity, and Student Success & Support Program. These programs were selected as part of the integrative efforts since they have similar goals of increasing student success while closing achievement gaps; in addition to the strong potential for overlap.
The Integrated Plan for 2017-2019 provides the college with the opportunity to assess previous program efforts, reflect on accomplishments, set goals, implement activities, and analyze results. In addition, it will allow San Diego Mesa College to focus on integrated student success goals that are outcomes based.
Integration is alive and well at Mesa College. In the spirit of collaboration, the integrated plan is being developed in consultation with faculty, staff, and administration through the Integration Workgroup, a subcommittee of Student Success and Equity Committee. The workgroup convened during the summer time to work on the integrated plan. This effort resulted in the development of the following five integrated goals:
- Support a strong start for students by expanding core services of assessment, orientation, and education planning services
- Provide intrusive intervention services to students
- Encourage persistence
- Support course completion of a transfer-level English or Mathematics course within a sequence of three or fewer courses
- Support education goal completion
Timeline and next steps for the integrated plan include the following:
- Integration leads will be presenting at school meetings this fall 2017.
- Draft of the plan will be shared with the Student Success and Equity Committee meeting in September 2017.
- The plan will be vetted with participatory groups and other committees in October 2017.
- The plan will be presented to the President’s Cabinet in November 2017.
- The final plan will be submitted to the district by the end of November 2017.
- The integrated plan will go through board approval on January 25, 2018.
- The integrated plan will be submitted to the state by the January 31, 2018 deadline.
INNOVATIVE PRACTICE FUNDING REQUEST - BASIC SKILLS INITIATIVE, STUDENT SUCCESS & SUPPORT PROGRAM, & STUDENT EQUITY
In our effort to integrate and align SSSP and Equity resources and support innovative student success and equity practices across the campus, SS&E has developed this online funding request application to assist with your request for funding.
Our integration effort is intended to leverage innovation resources with the goal of making our efforts more efficient and sustainable. This form will help you to develop, implement, and report the outcomes of your innovative practice or program. If you have any questions, please contact Ailene Crakes (SSSP) and/or Larry Maxey (Equity).
Please note that all requests for Professional Learning Activity Funds need to go through CEL using this link.