Promise Contact INFOLocation: I4-101
Phone: (619) 388-2610
Promise CoordinatorKarla Trutna
Student Services TechnicianDonnaly Atajar
Promise CounselorMiriam Pacheco
Follow, Like, Share!Instagram
San Diego Promise
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, our department will have online/virtual services and programming. Campus is closed until further notice. For more information and updates, please visit the SDCCD Coronavirus news center here: https://www.sdccd.edu/coronavirus/index.aspx
If you are a current Promise student with questions about the program, please contact
us via email.
The San Diego Promise is a two-year completion program for recent high school graduates enrolled full-time (12 units per semester during Fall and Spring). The program provides up to two years of free tuition or a book grant for eligible students. Participation in the Promise program comes with a variety of benefits: access to a peer mentor, specialized counseling and guidance support, and additional campus engagement opportunities.
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a first-time college student*
- Must be a Class of 2021 high school graduate** (H.S. Diploma or GED) OR identify with
one of the following groups:
- Foster Youth Student
- Veteran of U.S. Armed Forces
- Formerly Incarcerated Student
- Undocumented Student
- Must be a California resident or AB 540 eligible
- Must complete a 2021-2022 financial aid application (FAFSA or CA Dream Act)
- Must be prepared to enroll in a minimum of 12 units each semester (does not apply to students with a DSPS unit accommodation on file)
*Students who completed college courses while in high school are eligible
** First time to college Class of 2020 high school graduates (H.S. Diploma or GED) may be eligible
The application for Class of 2021 high school graduates is now available.
If you are a high school student who will be graduating early and entering Mesa College in Spring 2021, you may be eligible to enroll in the San Diego Promise program. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
If you have questions about the Promise program at San Diego Mesa College, please email email@example.com.