The Academic Review Committee considers petitions at their regularly scheduled meetings, which are usually scheduled on the second Monday of each month. The 2016 - 2017 meetings are scheduled as follows and are subject to change.
Meeting Dates and Deadlines for Petition Paperwork to be Submitted to the Mesa evaluations Office (I4-306)
- Monday, November 14, 2016: Paperwork Due: November 10, 2016 @ 12 PM
- Monday, December 12, 2016: Paperwork Due: December 8, 2016 @ 12 PM
- Monday, January 9, 2017: Paperwork Due: January 5, 2017 @ 12 PM
- Monday, February 13, 2017: Paperwork Due: February 9, 2017 @ 12 PM
- Monday, March 13, 2017: Paperwork Due: March 9, 2017 @ 12 PM
- Monday, April 10, 2017: Paperwork Due: April 6, 2017 @ 12 PM
- Monday May 8, 2017: Paperwork Due: May 4, 2017 @ 12 PM
- Monday, June 12, 2017: Paperwork Due: June 8, 2017 @ 12 PM
Note: Students are informed of the Committee's decision in writing within 10 working days from the committee meeting.
General student petition
The General Student Petition may be used for:
- Extension of time to remove incomplete grades (in Admissions Office)
- Late withdrawal from a class or semester (in Admissions Office)
Petition for Exception to Course Repetition Policy
- No course in which a “C” or better grade has been earned may be repeated.
- No course in which a substandard grade of “D”, “F”, "NP" or "W" has been earned may be repeated more than three times, unless otherwise indicated in the catalog.
- Students will not be allowed more than three enrollments in a non-activity course, regardless of grade or symbol earned.
Students who believe that they have a compelling reason for an exception to this policy may file the petition for Exception to Course Repetition Policy following the procedures below. If the petition is approved, the student will need to manually enroll in the class through a visit to the Admissions Office.
Modification of Graduation Requirements (for District and GE Requirements Only)
Any variation to District Graduation or General Education Requirements must be approved by the Academic Review Committee. Requests for modification must be submitted on a Modification of Graduation Requirements form following the procedures below.
Meet with a counselor to review the request and complete the appropriate form, providing a detailed explanation for the request. Attach documentation, if appropriate. **For Petitions for Exception to Course Repetition Policy, please click here for steps.**Obtain the signatures of the following in sequence:
- counselor or instructor
- department chair
- instructional dean