ContactJesus Gaytan, MA, Counselor
I4-309 (3rd floor)
We aim to support and empower students impacted by incarceration through higher education.
- Academic Counseling- experience working with the prison system
- Support students in the matriculation & financial aid process
- Referrals to on and off-campus resources (including tutoring, food, housing, AA, NA & medical and mental health)
- Advocate for students
- Hub for student-led support system
- Career guidance
- Financial literacy
- Safe and welcoming personalized support
- Transportation Assistance (based on funds)
- San Diego Clean Slate Clinic is a volunteer-driven and community-based organization that provides free post-conviction legal assistance to individuals who continue to be affected by the criminal justice system.
- San Diego Metro Career Centers offers The New Beginnings Programs that was developed and designed for individuals re-entering the workforce after being involved with the justice system.
- 2-1-1 is a free and confidential service that helps people across the U.S. and in many parts of Canada find local resources they need. It is a 24 hours a day, seven days a week hub of information.