ContactRoom: Room I4-309 (3rd floor)
M-Th: 8:00am - 6:00pm
F: 8:00am - 3:00pm
What is Project RESTART?
We aim to support and empower students impacted by incarceration through higher education.
WHAT are the Project reStart Services?
- Academic Counseling from counselors with experience working in/with the prison system.
- Support students in the matriculation & financial aid process.
- Referrals to on and off-campus resources (including tutoring, food, housing, AA, NA & medical and mental health).
- Advocacy for students
- Hub for student-led support systems
- Career Guidance
- Financial Literacy
- Safe and welcoming personalized support
- Transportation Assistance (based on available funding)
What are project ReStart Requirements?
- Be enrolled at San Diego Mesa College.
- Identify as a student who has been affected by incarceration.
How to apply to Project ReStart
- Project Re-Start applications are available through the EOPS office.
- Submit applications through the EOPS office.
- For more information contact: San Diego Mesa College
EOPS Office, Student Services building
I4-309, 7250 Mesa College Drive
San Diego, CA 92111-4998
Phone: 619-388-2706, contact us
- San Diego Clean Slate Clinic is a volunteer-driven and community-based organization that provides free post-conviction legal assistance to individuals who continue to be affected by the criminal justice system.
- San Diego Metro Career Centers offers The New Beginnings Programs that was developed and designed for individuals re-entering the workforce after being involved with the justice system.
- 2-1-1 is a free and confidential service that helps people across the U.S. and in many parts of Canada find local resources they need. It is a 24 hours a day, seven days a week hub of information.