ContactRoom: Room I4-309 (3rd floor)
M-Th: 8:00am - 5:00pm
F: 8:00am - 3:00pm
ATTENTION TO ALL STUDENTS:
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, our department will have limited services and campus is closed until further notice. For more information and updates, please visit the SDCCD Coronavirus news center here: https://www.sdccd.edu/coronavirus/index.aspx
EOPS counselors and staff are still available to serve you and will be working remotely during this time.
For assistance, our operating department phone/email hours will be
Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
For questions after hours of operation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 1-2 business days. Please be ready with your Mesa College
ID number so we can better assist you.
HOW TO CONTACT US:
Google Voice Phone: 619-335-8607
For more information contact: San Diego Mesa College
EOPS Office, Student Services building
I4-309, 7250 Mesa College Drive
San Diego, CA 92111-4998
Temporary Phone: 619-335-8607, contact us
WHAT IS NEXTUp?
The NextUp program is designed to support the educational goals and well-being of current and former foster youth. Our program provides ‘over and above’ support services and caring staff to help former foster youth overcome roadblocks that may prevent them from the pursuit of higher education and career goals.
WHAT ARE THE NEXTUP SERVICES?
- Academic, personal, and career counseling.
- Priority registration.
- Book Service.
- Assistance applying for Financial Aid.
- Assistance applying for the CHAFEE grant and other scholarships.
- Tutorial services.
- Food assistance.
- and much more!
WHAT ARE NEXTUP REQUIREMENTS?
- Be a California resident.
- Qualify to receive a California College Promise Grant (formerly the Board of Governors Fee Waiver).
- Be a current or former foster youth in California whose dependency or wardship was established or continued by the court on, or after the youth’s 16th birthday.
- Be under 26 at the beginning of the academic year.
- Be enrolled in at least nine (9) units.
- Be eligible for EOPS.
- Note: The EOPS 70 unit & 6 semester degree-applicable unit limit does not apply to CAFYES students upon admittance to the NextUP program nor apply for dismissal from the NextUP program.
How to Apply to NextUP
- NexUP applications are available by contacting the EOPS office.
- For more information contact us: San Diego Mesa College
EOPS Office, Student Services Bldg
Room I4-309, 7250 Mesa College Drive
San Diego, CA 92111-4998
Temporary Phone: 619-335-8607