Continuing Student Orientation
Please make sure the following information applies to you before continuing...
- A Continuing student is defined as a student who has received at least one semester of EOPS services at Mesa College.
- A New EOPS student is defined as a student who has never received EOPS services.
A reminder that both NEW & CONTINUING STUDENTS must have a current year application on file.
If you are not sure if you have a current application on file please call the EOPS office at 619-388-2706 for clarification.
Be sure to read each section thoroughly as you are required to complete a quiz at the end.
- Priority Registration! EOPS students can register before most other students. Check our office for dates.
- Book Vouchers-first come, first served. Must be enrolled in 9 units.
- EOPS cash grants (depending on available funding)
- Application fee waivers to CSU's and UC's
- EOPS Scholarship and Mesa Scholarship assistance
- Individualized Education Plans and semester by semester long term planning
- Student Success Workshops
- CARE program for single parents on CalWORKs
- Nominations to EOP programs at CSU's
Submit completed Progress Report by your 2nd appointment (March 6 - April 28, 2017)
Make 3 contacts every semester.
- Attend two counseling appointments and one group exit session.
- 1st: January 17 - March 3
- 2st: March 6 - April 28
- 3rd: May 1 - May 26
- Update education plan / long term plan.
- Maintain at least 9 units at SDCCD for grant/book voucher eligibility.
Grants are based on available funding.
- Be enrolled in at least 9 units per semester at San Diego Community College District.
- Submit a completed Progress Report.
- Complete 3 counseling contacts.
- Have an unmet need as determined by Financial Aid.
- Not have completed more than 70 degree applicable units or received more than 6 semesters of EOPS services.
Due at second counseling appointment (between March 6 - April 28).
- All students are required to turn in a progress report by the designated deadline date each semester. Progress Reports must have signatures of all instructors for each class enrolled in for the semester.
- Failure to turn in a progress report could affect your eligibility for a grant at the end of the semester.
- Please view and print your Progress Report.
- Your BOGW pays your tuition
- You must keep your GPA at 2.0 or higher
- You must complete 61% of units attempted
If you do not meet the above criteria, you could lose your BOGW. Be sure to talk to you counselor if you have questions.
You may be DISQUALIFIED from EOPS services for the following:
- You reach 70 units (excluding 30 units of classes numbered below 100).
- If you miss 2 counseling appointments without calling to cancel. After 3 missed appointments, you are disqualified.
- If you don't follow the MRC requirements.
- If you fail to meet with a counselor 3 times for two semesters in a row.
Please complete this quiz.
Please call EOPS at 619-388-2706 or stop by the office in I4-309 to make your first appointment.
Thank you for completing the EOPS Intake Orientation!