Income Tax Preparation
Deadline to file income taxes:
April 15, 2019
ContactRoom: Room I4-309 (3rd floor)
M-Th: 8:00am - 6:00pm
F: 8:00am - 3:00pm
EOPS Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a California resident or meet AB540/California Dream Act requirements.
- Must be eligible for the California College Promise Grant Program, formerly the Board of Governors Fee Waiver Program (BOGW), & meet CCPG A or B, or C with $0.00 Expected Family Contribution.
- Be enrolled in at least 12 units at San Diego Mesa College.
(6 units for students receiving Mesa College Disability Services. A verification letter from your DSPS counselor is required.)
- Have less than 70 degree-applicable units of college coursework.
- This includes City, Mesa, and Miramar Colleges as well as any previous college coursework at previous institutions.
- All transcripts from previous colleges must be sent to our district evaluations office. If you have questions about this process please feel free to visit the Evaluations webpage to learn more.
students must ALSO meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Currently or previously enrolled in a Developmental Course: such as ESOL/ELAC; ENGL 31, 36, 42, 43, 47A, 48, 49, or LCOM 31/ENGL 101 combo; Math 34A, 38 or 46.
- Have no high school Diploma or GED, or is a high school graduate with an overall GPA below 2.5.
- Be the first person in your family to attend college.
- Be an emancipated foster youth.
- English is/was not the primary language spoken at home.
- Belong to an underrepresented group that is part of Mesa College’s student equity goals: African American, Asian Pacific Islander, Latin@, Veteran, or Foster Youth.
HOW TO APPLY
The spring 2019 application period is currently closed.
Due to an overwhelming application period in fall 2018, we will now be reviewing applications submitted during this time and invite eligible new students to a New Student Orientation during January 2019. Please check your email regularly if you applied for EOPS in fall 2018!