ContactRoom: Room I4-309 (3rd floor)
M-Th: 8:00am - 6:00pm
F: 8:00am - 3:00pm
What is CARE?
CARE stands for Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education. CARE is a program provided by the State of California to assist single parents who are attending college.
What are THE CARE Services?
- Cash grants for educational related expenses (in addition to CalWORKs and EOPS grants).
- Specialized counseling services.
- EOPS Club membership including networking, family activities, and support groups.
- Referrals to campus and community-based service programs.
- A holiday party for parents and their children.
What are the CARE Requirements?
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a single, head of household and a current recipient of TANF/CalWORKs for yourself and/or your children.
- Be a parent or legal guardian of at least one child under the age of 18.
- Be enrolled in at least 9 units at Mesa College.
- Be eligible for EOPS.
How to apply to CARE
- CARE applications are available in the EOPS office for Fall 2019.
- Submit applications through the EOPS office.
- For more information contact us,
San Diego Mesa College
EOPS Office, Student Services building, I4-309
San Diego, CA 92111-4998