ContactRoom: Room I4-309 (3rd floor)
M-Th: 8:00am - 6:00pm
F: 8:00am - 3:00pm
What is CARE?
CARE stands for Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education. CARE is a program provided by the State of California to assist single parents who are attending college.
What are THE CARE Services?
- Cash grants for education-related expenses (above and beyond CalWORKs and EOPS grants)
- Special counseling and advisement
- EOPS/CARE Club membership including networking, family activities, and support groups
- Referrals to campus and community-based service programs
- Holiday party for parents and children
What are the CARE Requirements?
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a single, head of household, and a current recipient of TANF/ CalWORKs for yourself and/or your children
- Be a parent or legal guardian of at least one child under the age of 18
- Be enrolled in at least 9 units at Mesa College
- Be eligible for EOPS
How to apply to CARE
- CARE applications are available in the EOPS office for Spring 2019.
- Submit applications through the EOPS office.
- For more information contact us,
San Diego Mesa College
EOPS Office, Student Services building, I4-309
San Diego, CA 92111-4998