Test Proctoring Hours
Proctoring for the FALL 2019 Semester is available:
- Monday: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Available by appointment with 5 day notice
Procedures To Use Test Proctoring:
1. Meet with your DSPS Counselor each semester to complete the Test Proctoring Agreement. The student agreement lists the accommodations that you will be allowed during proctoring for the current semester. The student agreement outlines your responsibilities regarding the use of proctoring services.
The student agreement indicates that the test proctoring service offered by DSPS may be suspended or terminated if you do not "adhere to the written service provision policies adopted by the college" (Education Code, Title 5 Regulations, Section 56010 Questions & Answers: Student Responsibilities)
2. Pick up Test Proctoring Request Form in I4-405, the DSPS Office.
3. Complete a separate Test Proctoring Request Form for each test. Form(s) must be COMPLETELY AND ACCURATELY FILLED OUT. If we do not receive a form, or if the form is incomplete, we may not be able to provide the test proctoring service. It is the student's responsibility to make sure the Test Proctoring Request Form is completely filled out.
4. Have your professor complete and sign the Test Proctoring Request Form. Be sure you and your professor provide all the information in the boxed-in area of the form. In order to accommodate your testing needs properly, this information is crucial.
5. The completed Test Proctoring Request Form must be turned in to DSPS Office (I4-405) at least 5 days before the test taking window. The form must be submitted to schedule your test proctoring appointment. When signing up for extended-time test proctoring, you must indicate the amount of time you will need to complete your test. Appointments cannot be scheduled without the Test Proctoring Request Form.
6. For Specialized Test Proctoring (Scribe, CCTV, etc): Test Proctoring Request Form must be turned in to DSPS Office (I4-405) at least 5 days before the test taking window. There are a limited number of spaces available for specialized test proctoring, so the earlier you turn in the form and reserve a space, the better chance you will have of getting the date and time you desire.
TO DETERMINE WHETHER YOU REQUIRE SPECIALIZED PROCTORING, CONSULT WITH YOUR DSPS COUNSELOR.
Guidelines and Procedures
Test proctoring is an opportunity for equal access to testing and does not provide an unfair advantage. Testing accommodations may vary for the same student depending on the type of test being administered and how the student's disability impacts his/her ability to take that type of test. The most appropriate method of administering a test depends upon the student's disability and the design of the test. Depending upon the educational limitations caused by the disability, the student may be allowed extra time as well as additional accommodations to complete tests as independently as possible. It is possible for DSPS to administer exams to the instructor's specifications.
The DSPS office administers over 3000 tests annually for eligible students. The purpose of this service is to provide an equalized testing opportunity based on the educational limitation(s) of the student.
a. To comply with federal and state laws requiring Mesa College to provide an equitable testing opportunity for students with documented disabilities and
b. To offer Mesa College faculty a confidential, reliable service. (Professors may personally provide test proctoring services to students.)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 619-388-2780
- TTY: 619-388-2409
- Room: I4-405 (4th Floor of the Student Services Center)