Located in the Learning Resource Center (LRC) Room 110
FALL 2019 Semester Hours:
The DSPS High Tech Center provides Alternate Media Services. This service allows for textbooks, instructional materials, and other printed formats to be converted into an accessible format such as Braille, large print, or electronic text.
The first step is to meet with a DSPS Counselor to establish eligibility. Once you have been approved for the accommodation, contact the High Tech Center Specialist to complete an orientation. If you have already established this accommodation and need to request alternate media please complete this form: Alternate Media Request Form
Highlights of the HTC:
- Classes offered in Adaptive Computer Technology
- Alternate Media including E-text, Braille, Large Print and Audio
- Assistive Software and Hardware
- Web Accessibility and Online Learning Support and consultations
- Highly individualized computer assisted learning modules
- Basic Skill and Career/Technical training and support
- Cutting Edge Technology
The DSPS High Tech Center makes every effort to provide timely and appropriate services and accommodations. If you have any concerns or if you want to file a complaint about alternate media services, you may contact the DSPS Office (I4-405, firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-388-2780).