M - Tu: 8:00am – 7:00pm
W - Th: 8:00am - 6:00pm
F: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Friday, January 25: 8am - 5pm
Saturday, January 26: 8am – 1pm
Friday, February 8: 8am – 5pm
November 19 – 21: 8am – 4:30pm
December 18 – 20: 8am – 4:30pm
Welcome to Mesa College Counseling!
Mesa College Counselors are available to meet with you in a variety of ways to assist in achieving your academic goals. We are committed to providing a positive college experience for you through several counseling methods. From a certificate of achievement, Associates degree, transfer from Mesa to a university, or personal counseling/development we are here to support you!
We recommend that students, who are seeking assistance with the following, make an appointment to see a counselor once the semester begins .
- Long-term goal planning
- Educational planning
- Financial aid appeals
- Signing of guaranteed admissions contracts
- Career planning/counseling
- Personal counseling
Appointments are available throughout the semester, but will be limited during all class registration periods.
IMPORTANT: Appointments will not be available October 29 - November 21, 2018 as counselors will be assisting students on a drop-in basis only. Please note that appointments for the week of November 26, 2018 will be scheduled during the week of November 13, 2018. We will resume scheduling one week in advance appointments the week of November 26, 2018.
Students are required to meet the following criteria prior to scheduling a counseling appointment:
- MUST BE ENROLLED IN AT LEAST ONE CLASS FOR THE CURRENT SEMESTER.
- Completed one semester.
- Completed the math and English assessments OR an English and math class.
- Official transcripts of all colleges attended on file.
- Official transcripts must be evaluated for course equivalency. (Students must request for an evaluation that can take up to 30 business days to process.)
Appointments are made one week in advance by calling or coming into the office, early in the day, for your best opportunity to receive an appointment.
Drop-in to see a counselor!
Throughout the year, counselors are also available for brief advisement sessions, commonly referred to as Drop-in counseling . Students, who have quick questions or any of the following situations, can be seen during Drop-in counseling .
- Assistance with current class registration
- General information regarding the college or degree/certificate programs
- University transfer information
- Prerequisite clearance
- Transfer Agreements
Not sure what to do?
If you are unsure of which counseling service to request, come into the Counseling office and let us assist you in determining which would be best for your situation.