M - Tu: 8:00am – 7:00pm
W - Th: 8:00am - 6:00pm
F: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Welcome to Mesa College Counseling!
Mesa College Counselors are available to meet with you in a variety of ways to assist in achieving your academic goals. We are committed to providing a positive college experience for you through several counseling methods. From a certificate of achievement, Associates degree, transfer from Mesa to a university, or personal counseling/development we are here to support you!
We recommend that students, who are seeking assistance with the following, make an appointment to see a counselor once the semester begins.
- Long-term goal planning
- Educational planning
- Financial aid appeals
- Signing of guaranteed admissions contracts
- Career planning/counseling
- Personal counseling
Appointments are available throughout the semester, but will be limited during all class registration periods.
Students are required to meet the following criteria prior to scheduling a counseling appointment:
- MUST BE ENROLLED IN AT LEAST ONE CLASS FOR THE CURRENT SEMESTER.
- Completed one semester.
- Completed the Placement Assistant OR an English and math class.
- Official transcripts of all colleges attended on file.
- Official transcripts must be evaluated for course equivalency. (Students must request for an evaluation that can take up to 60 business days to process.)
Appointments are made one week in advance by calling or coming into the office, early in the day, for your best opportunity to receive an appointment.
Drop-in to see a counselor!
Throughout the year, counselors are also available for brief advisement sessions, commonly referred to as Drop-in counseling. Students, who have quick questions or any of the following situations, can be seen during Drop-in counseling.
- Assistance with current class registration
- General information regarding the college or degree/certificate programs
- University transfer information
- Prerequisite clearance
- Transfer Agreements
Not sure what to do?
If you are unsure of which counseling service to request, come into the Counseling office and let us assist you in determining which would be best for your situation.